DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the other night when I had 4 of my friends with me, we had quite a night, going all over St. Charles County to different places to hang out. So here we are going on east bound 94, the main 2 lane each way road, grass median, 55 MPH. Traffic was moderate, but got stuck at a light, I forget which one. Both I and a Pontiac Grand Prix, I'd say maybe it was a 2001, were just casually driving. So my friends were like "I think he wants to race you" and I look over and the driver and his chick are nodding their heads, so I said "alright guys, looks like we got a race."

I did not look to see it was a GTP, I doubt it was because when we took off he started off ahead and I went right by him. There was a car ahead, and with plenty of room, I got infront of the Grand Prix, we went around him, and continued on until there was traffic towards the Mid Rivers Mall Drive interesction. I gave him a thumbs up, and I got it back. Just a friendly little race. If it was a GTP, I would probably have gotten smoked, but hey it doesn't matter to me. I think it was the 3.8L with 200 HP. And, also, seems like every Friday night that I'm out, I end up racing something...hmm.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Happens to me a lot friday and saturday nights. 90% of the times its just ricers though, so I dont bother. I had a shot from 40 race once with a Grand Prix, but it also wasnt a GTP in my case. None the less, Im assuming it was fun for you!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did it have single or duel exit exhaust? If it had duels it was a GT or GTP single exhaust is SE and new se only came with 3.1L in any case he didn't realy try or had no clue how to drive (no offence ). I know that if it came down to my SE with the 3.8(older one had that option) and your intrepid with the mods you have listed I think I would barley sqeeze by(Again I dont mean for this to sound insulting). Now with the pcm program intake and full duel exhaust that I had on my SE I KNOW I would take many a person lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Single means it had a 3.1L and was an SE unless some one has some serious mods on thier GTP. So my guess was in that case you would have won.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ya probably a SE 3100 or a regular 3800.. ya you'd be eat'n by a GTP with about $750 in mods or so GTP's run 13.4's (pretty good for a big mofo) getting one in about a week here

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Probably a 3.8L, na. My Father has a 00 LeSabre with a 3.8 and it's right in the face of a 3.5L. Dead stop, roll and high speed.

A GTP would give you a bunch of trouble from a slow roll or especially a dead stop. From a roll, if the 3.5L is at a good speed for downshift. It can hang with a supercharged 3.8L

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is ONE reason why Grand Prixs are "slow" to some people and don't kill things like 3.5L from a slow speed. GM has programed into the PCM a lag that holds the car back below or at 60km/h. Basically you mash the gas and the RPM JUMPS like 5500 and the car does nothing at all if your going up a hill it may slow down. give it about 1-2 secs and BOOM your back in your seat tires spinning the whole way lol. Now this is easily fixed for about $200 canadian by having your pcm programed then watch out lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ya I wish I could have my GP back and keep the Concorde but I'm on a limited budget and the Concorde is the cheaper of the two sooooo........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts