DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on my way home tonight, when I stoped at a red light. A Grand Prix pulled up beside me, it was a early 90's. I have my Underglows on, I notice them looking, so he wanted to race, I took right off, after I beat him, I slowed off, because there was a car in his lane and I thought it would be over. nope, he started to pass the car, so I gunned it, he was falling behind.. I was disipointed.. I thought a Grand Prix could do better. I think it was only a SE mabe. but then when I was turning left off the road, he just goes flying by me.. well see that makes him look twice as bad, cause eh lost twice, and he thinks he wins by going by a stoped car. LOL..

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
If it was early 90's it could have been a Tt and with your R/T you still would have whooped him. The strongest engines the early 90's GP's had was 210hp. Although there was a turbo GP in 90 that was really quick for 205hp.

The 1992 GT was the one to offer the 210hp engine. From 1993-94 it was 140hp, 94-97 it was 160. 1997 is where we need to be careful. That is when Pontiac introduced the 240hp supercharged 3.8L.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
maybe we should supercharge the 3.5 H/O to put ourselves even with them.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
maybe we should supercharge the 3.5 H/O to put ourselves even with them.
I wish we could! But I don't think there is any room to put one on! I've done a little looking into this, but I will have to look into it more. I wonder if a Garrett turbocharger would work? If so I wonder if I could get a discount? Garrett is part of Honeywell, which is the company I work for (see sig). :) I can dream, can't I? :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
that would be pretty tight

this is what we should do - get an old beater intrepid (the $800 kind on ebay). cut it firewall forward, extend the frame, then remount the nose on the extended frame. we'd have oodles of room to play with. but we couldn't put that much hp into it because the weakened frame would probably twist or break.

if i was REALLY looking for trouble, that is how i'd buy room.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, thats a good question.. I do not know if it would be able to hold up to the pressures of a turbo or a supercharger without some replacements. My Dad personaly feels that the engine is rated at 225 HP, and thats what its made for, not adding any more. But i disagree with him somewhat. like new air, exhaust and chip are fine, but big things like Turbo supercharger or Nitrus. they will not hold up.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Are you trying to say that NOS can't be added??? Is there anyone who's added NOS to their R/T??? I would like to do something drastic to my R/T next year (either NOS, Turbo or Super)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts