DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a simple question:

If I were to, say for instance, want some modding help in grand rapids michigan, who would the goto guy be around here?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the $32 "kit" being sold on ebay for air intake, i really want to get rid of my panel filter and box...

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
got a simple question:

If I were to, say for instance, want some modding help in grand rapids michigan, who would the goto guy be around here?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the $32 "kit" being sold on ebay for air intake, i really want to get rid of my panel filter and box...
Don't waste your money on the 32$ kit. Start with what kind of car that you have.

·
Registered
263 Posts
For intakes, I'm pretty happy with the Spectre setup I got at O'Reilley's. $40 worth of tubing plus the filter of your choice, plus a heat shield of some sort. Unless you get a really fancy filter, it can easily be done for under $100.

If you want a reference, pics of mine are in my sig thread. There are loads of threads dedicated to CAI, so a bit of digging should get you the info you need to help you decide.

Happy modding!

·
Registered
308 Posts
got a simple question:

ya I'm not sure if you want someone to come out just to do an intake, Installation is pretty easy

for the $32 intake I personally think most intakes are the same, but I would buy something I could see in person instead of ordering it online.

You can build your own intakes out of almost anything, pvc pipe, sections of exhaust pipe, air ducting from the hardware store, you could even run dual filters if you find a way to hook up the iac valve, slap a filter on and your done

Just get creative with it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
toledo would be great to go to, but a wife and 1 year old kinda takes the fun out of just taking off lol. I wouldnt mind opening a case of beer with someone in the area who wants to just have at it with me and do an OTIS setup or something of the likes, i will continue to read, just curious of my nearby Treppers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts