DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I´ve found a forum JUST for the vision. I live in Sweden, and I can tell you the vision is NOT a common car over here, so there are very few people to ask when you have a problem or just a general question. Is anything going on here? There are not very many threads here what I can see... Maybe it´s something with the settings.

So what did I wanna say? I suppose I just wanted to say Hi, and express my happiness to have found this great place on the net.

:cool:

·
9,861 Posts
Welcome to the site.

There arent alot of threads in some of these smaller forums, because most people just post in the intrepid ones. Its basicly the same car, just different body panels.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I was in your same place not too long ago. I bought my Vision in June '02 and I looked around for decent forums basically cause I wanted to hook up with fellow Vision owners. Well, I came up with DI.net and low and behold, I am now the moderator of this lovely forum.
Sure, there arent that many questions in this forum, but you have a vast wealth of knowledge from the people who post here. Be it YBnormal or myself, we will be happy to answer your questions as soon as they come in, and if they are a general question, I'm sure the rest of the 1st gen LH body owners would be happy to answer them. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope to hear much more from you!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the great welcome! I´ll definately check in here as often as I can!

I can start with a question about the timing belt. My car is a -94 and it´s got 96.000 km on it. The manual sais it should be changed at 160.000 km. I´m thinking about changing it anyway, after all its a 9 year old belt...

Do you know what happens if it snaps off? Will the car just stop running or will there be damage to the engine? I´ve heard different answers to this question before, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I´m very happy with my car, it´s a great ride at half the cost of a BMW 7 series or MB S-klasse. I drove a BMW 740 -95 some weeks ago, and it wasn´t really THAT much better than my Chrysler... a little more quiet and stronger, but I doubt it´s worth the extra cost...

// Johan

·
9,861 Posts
I'm assuming you have a 3.5L engine, since the 3.3L has a timing chain.

Theres nothing to worry about. When it snaps off your car will just need a new belt before it runs. These are non interference engines. There will be no damage. Great, aint it?:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it´s a 3.5, and YES it´s great! One less thing to worry about then! Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Uhh, when the belt breaks the engine wont run...... BUT!!!! I would wait till the belt goes or the water pump goes because when you go into fix one or the other, you want to fix both at the same time. It will save you a heap of trouble. So, either fix both of them now, or wait until one of them goes, or is in the recommended change interval. Got it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I got it! Seems like a good idea to have it done at the same time. I´ll just wait untill something goes then... :D

Thanks a lot!

// Johan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts