DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALRIGHT! ! ! !......I'd like to thanks all the guys for the great posts ....and all the great info...Ive already started diagnosing some of the probs on my 1994 3.3 Intrepid....was almost going to give up , and just shoot the poor old horse....but after reading all the threads and posts...there maybe hope.
It all started with new tie rod ends....then new plugs and wires(belden)...a coil pack and crank position sensor later...Im still getting a code 43 tho....going to try some carb cleaner around the intake manifold and see if thats causing the missfire....but.....another prob going on is the starter, so I need to check the battery....AND...the ignition switch too....there may be hope...and hope to see that code 43 go away(pretty sure the battery wouldnt cause the misfire....LOL...)....any thoughts or suggestions would really help
Signed
Confused and Intrepid

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have disconnected both the pos and neg cables....even touched them together to disappate any charge left in capacitors ....Ive re checked the firing order and matched the coil pack.....all is good....just got back from a test drive and started hearing a clicking from the front end(suspect cv joints)...and while i was lightly accelerating and decelrating ...trying to get it to click....it stopped running, and the check engine light cam back on...2 or 3 seconds later it started running again and I just got it home with no probs....going to try a good spray down of the IAC with some carb cleaner tommorrow....used some starting fluid, but was afraid with all that ether in the air...that could cause more probs....but noticed no real differance while spraying that....and I guess I better get out the old ohm meter and start checking some votages.....really stumped....getting alot of great great info here guys....thanks for all the shared knowledge and tribal history of the beast....hahaha...
dougstr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.