DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5:50 on the way to work this morning. Rockford Rd and Winnetka Ave at the stop light. A 1st gen dark green Dodge Intrepid ES . Pulled up next to me in the right lane. He came up very fast to the stop light. So i thought he might want to play. The light turn green and he hit it hard and got a 1/2 a car length on me. But that was it, I floored it and by 30mph. I was even and by 65mph i was 3 car lengths ahead. Then I shut it down .It`s only a 35mph speed zone. He got up to me and went by he didn`t look over or any thing He had twin tail pipe muffler so I guessed he had a 3.5 under the hood. I thought he would of been a harder kill. A friend of mine use to have a 3.3 Concorde. And it was very fast for a 3.3. So i was little puzzled that I won so easy. Has any body else with 2000 or newer R/T raced a 1st gen 3.5 LH, and how did you do?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
they remember my losses but not my victories...

i lost to an r/t, that's right. i actually thought i would fare worse. he didn't beat me by a whole hell of a lot. we both shut down around 70 (45 zone). he probably had at most 1.5 lengths on me. i can't assure that he was floored, but from the sound of his motor he was close to it. he didn't appear to have done anything to his ride, as i heard no k&n whistle and i saw no dual exhausts (just saw the single and the rest of his r/t posterior).

i am wondering if a 1st or 2nd gen car weighs more. the 2nd gens seem bigger but they also have a lot more plastic on them and the engines are all aluminum. if the r/t weighs more than my car then i can see not losing by a whole lot, even though he has 30 more hp and more torque, as he has no displacement advantage and he's losing just as much % of hp thru the mopar slushbox as i am.

maybe i should find the guy and race him again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Got kicked by an R/T on the highway. I stayed respectably close behind for a great distance. Mind you that was before I did the exhaust on the *****, she's a whole different animal now. I looking for an R/T to spank now! (well maybe not spank, but run against)

Six Flags anyone?! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts