DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.greenfilterusa.com/
Anybody tried Green air filters???? After reading at the above site and reading at the K&N site, the green filter seems to be superior to K&N as far as it's construction of the filter media goes. price for drop in for 2g Treps is about $67. I don't know what K&Ns are priced at for our cars. Only draw back with the Green is I prefer to just go to local auto parts store and buy the damn thing , but I'd have to drive over 400 miles to the nearest Green dealer.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I haven't, to say it up front, but I have seen a comparison of all the major "aftermarket intake" style exhausts..warm air intake in this case. The green filter, k&n and that foam one with the metal mesh were all tested.

TO cut it short, the green won by quite a margin for filtration purposes, but was the same or mostly roughly the same airflow as a K&N, however the third competitor was brutal with the types of particles that were let through.

K&N is a good purchase, but Green seems slightly better compared to it.
I really wish I had a link to that filter comparison test.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
That pretty much exceeds what I've said. But this comparison I looked at as well showed the filtering properties, and team green was far better than even K&N.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
K&N's for the 2nd gens go for around $45-$50. I picked one up last spring at pep boys. BTW its the same filter for all of the 2nd gen motors, 2.7, 3.2, & 3.5.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm..... Green is more expensive, slightly better filtration,and slightly better at torque and hp gain than K&N. The price diff seems like a lot but considering that they both will last for years (with regular cleaning and oiling) the price is not really that big of a deal. What I like about the Green, is the cotton is woven similar to cotton shirt fabric, which would be less prone to getting a hole worn in it, than the gauze style weave that K&N uses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts