DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greatings from The Great WHite North

Hello from The Great White North;

I've just joined although I have gotten many good tips from this great site since I came across it a couple years ago.

I have a 2001 Intrepid ES (called a Chrysler in Canada) with Autostick on the floor. Best car I have ever owned or driven.

I want to ask a couple questions about removing the floor shift assembly. How and where do I do that?

Thanks for all the good tips in the past.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rmoving Autostick floor shifter

Trona is home.

2001 Intrepid ES (called a Chrysler in Canada) 3.2 Autostick on the floor

Problem 1: Can’t shift because I forced the stuck floor shift lever and the little arm on the lever bent and popped out of the eyelet or whatever you call that thing with the hole into on the console end of the shifter.

So how do I remove the entire shifter assembly to either bend the little arm back or replace it with a junk yard special?
The shifter knob is held on by a Torx 8 screw, right?
I’ve removed the four 13mm nuts holding the shifter assembly base, but it still won’t come out. Is there a wire under it? (Hoping I don’t have to crawl underneath in -10F or even 32F weather.)
Any suggestions or warnings about trying to bend that little arm back?

Problem 2: I removed the plastic cover below the shifter knob which has the stops or détentes in it for gear selection to have a look at the shifter mechanism.
I put it back, but over-tightened two of the four screws, using a cordless drill for speed. Grrr.
Any suggestions before I get the Dremel tool to grind the heads off?

BTW, I once I get the shifter mechanism problem straightened out, I’ll get my local tranny shop to install a new cable. Good work, good prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts