DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Pleasure to find this forum... I am the proud owner of a 99 Intrepid that I use to commute 130 miles daily. (Yes, I am crazy but I blame the wife! :driving: )
Currently the odometer reads 181k and counting... so for those that say the 2.7L engine doesn't hold up, I beg to differ ;)
Look froward to partcicipating in these forums and thanks for all the great information posted here.... impressive!

Fretless

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Fretless said:
Hello everyone,

Pleasure to find this forum... I am the proud owner of a 99 Intrepid that I use to commute 130 miles daily. (Yes, I am crazy but I blame the wife! :driving: )
Currently the odometer reads 181k and counting... so for those that say the 2.7L engine doesn't hold up, I beg to differ ;)
Look froward to partcicipating in these forums and thanks for all the great information posted here.... impressive!

Fretless
Welcome aboard Fretless! Wow! 181,000 miles on a 2.7 is VERY impressive. :)
Do you have any secrets to your motor's success? Also... how about some pics of your trep? Any modifications done to "her" yet?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Wow!! Our 'Trep only sees 80 mi commute and is down to 4 days per week... Welcome Fretless. Are you referring to a stringed instrument or just stress free??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Pictures eh? Not sure you want to see my Trep ... but I will take a few and post em when I can. As far as secrets to putting 181k on that 2.7L 90% of my ride is highway so as long as you do proper maintenance when it is due and keep the gas pedal off the floor the car seems to do quite well. I actually bought it used with 24k on it back in 12/99. Great gas mileage as I average 28 mpg most weeks. I think that is great for the size of the vehicle.

Bongobob - Fretless refers to both an instrument and a stress free environment. I piddle around with several instruments including a fiddle and an old 6 string I have had since I was in high school. I live in the southern countryside of Virginia.

Fretless :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Fretless said:
Pictures eh? Not sure you want to see my Trep ..
Why not? :confused:

·
Registered
865 Posts
welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts