DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I woul dlike to know how it is, too! Since I won't be able to pick it up until my lunch break; and I won't be able to play it until tomorrow after work :(

·
Registered
740 Posts
Well, you won't really know to you try it yourself. :) I was gonna write a full review for a differnet forum, but I'll run down the basics.

Graphics: 9/10
Excellent, unbelievable. Very crisp and clear, I know they always say that the latest driving game "looks like real life", but this one is damn close. Only downfall is the pop-up on some of the more detailed tracks. barely noticable unless you look for it. One of the neat qualities is the car reflections. You can actually tell where the sun would be on the track by looking at which part of your car is the brightest. Pay attention when you go throught tunnels too, great reflection. The cars do have drivers, though all I've seen so far have them as RHD. Though all my cars have been foreign too. You may also select to run the game on a 16x9 TV if you have one. This is like HiFi mode in GT1 ran on a PS2. Graphics are superb. :)

Controls: 7/10
I find the pressure sensitive button technology to be irritating. I hate pushing my hardest all the time, it wears my thumb down. I have the Madcatz wheel, ($10 with a GT3 purchase at Toys R Us) but I only bought it for my girlfriend.. I use digital, not analog sticks. I can't justify paying $100 for the Logitic GT3 wheel.

Car Selection: 5/10
If are not a huge fan a japanese cars, then this game will be a disappointment. I'm willing to bet 125 of the 200 cars are fron Japan. Dodge has 3 vipers, I think. Don't quote me on that. (I can't afford them yet, so I didn't look all that hard). Oil changes make for an interesting new aspect to GT racing. It keeps track of your individual cars mileage, another neat feature.

Music 4/10
Apparantly in order to componsate for the ridiculously low amount of American Cars, they filled the sound track with Jimi Hendrix and JH clone Lenny Kravitz. In addition to them, there is a bunch of other hard rock songs on the track. Luckily, you can go to the options and take them off of the playlist.

Menu: 8/10
All I can say is that it is very different. The moving background menu's are a nice touch. Overall the game is more userfriendly. The options screens can be accessed from most anywhere, as opposed to going all the way back to the main screen like prior GT's.

There is alot to be said about GT3, so experience it for yourself and check back to this thread to give your own opinions.

I've been a member of the www.granturismo.com message board since Dec. 98. (when it opened) Stop by sometime and check it out, check out the GT3 forum if you have any questions at all about GT3. A great source of info.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I went to Comp USA looking for it today, no dice, gonna head to the mall with the wife to Electronics Botique and see if they have it (lucky for me a $313.00 refund check from my old intrepid's extended warranty showed up today!)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought GT3 yesterday afternoon at best buy for 49.99.... the game is awesome...its the best racing game i ever played. The graphics are really good, the cars look really good. There are 3 vipers, the 00 GTs, and the new concept 2003 i believe, (498 HP), and the Team Oreca one. i think the music is really awesome too, it has a mix of old and new stuff, Snoop Dogg, Papa ROach, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny kravitz, Raekwon, Motley Crue, and more. the first car i bought was a freakin Beetle.. (i know they suck)...then i won a couple easy races, and saved up for my first offical car...a CAMARO Z28....its awesome...silver. i put a semiracing muffler in it, and a computer chip so far. i have my B and A license.........even though the car selection isnt as big as GT2, its still awesome..the graphics are the best i have ever seen on a video game.....the cars look so real. The controls are great too, even better then GT2, there isnt a racing game better then this on any system anywhere. IGN.com gave it a 9.8/10.0...heres the review below:

http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/13846.html

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ok....i was out looking for this, and then come to the realization (and my son telling me) that this game is for the PS2 [email protected]#[email protected]# it's been forever since there's been a decent racing simulation besides NASCAR for the PC!!!

anyone remember Sportscar GT? that game kicked ass!

·
Registered
299 Posts
yo i have been playin GT3 a lot lately, i got:

-Camaro Z28-(got it to 550 HP)

-Viper GTS (read below)

-Subaru WRX Impreza Sedan STI-(got it to 505 HP did the 3 steps of turbo to it, this thing can fly, its traction is awesome)

i got my viper up to 1,045 Horsepower :eek: , and i did the 1/4 mile in 9.2 seconds :eek: ...this thing is insane..i beat the Viper Team Oreca by 16 seconds, and also, my max speed is 270 so far...the thing is insanely fast, and it does 0-60 in like 2 seconds....oh well, i have the A, B, And IB license so far, the IA license tests are pretty tuff so far...
Next purchase: either a $380,000 RUF CTR-2, or a Mercedes CLK 5.5 AMG.

any one else have this game and played it yet? share your progress so far...

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: 93Intrepid ]

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Wildcat:
Wow...a decent game for the PS2....

Lets see thats makes what, a total of 3?
Don't forget Tony Hawk 3 coming later this year!! The first two kicked ass, and from what I've heard, this one won't disappoint!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ehh.. Im a bit jaded by Sony's attiudes, the constant flow of BS they pushed when the PS2 was still just a concept, the pathetic launch, the horrible design/QC of the unit itself, and the Idea people had/still have that it was going to be soooooooooo much better than the Dreamcast.

Where are those 66 Million Polys a second Sony?

(Waiting patiently for the XBox and Gamecube :) )

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I'm happy with my PS2.

I bought a Dreamcast the day it came out and ended up selling it on eBay 2 months later. I'm glad I did (even though I lost money), becasue I couldn't get anything for it today :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts