DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work this evening, I had a problem to show up in my 2000 ES. I was driving along, and the air bag light came on, the gas guage went to "E", the gas light came on, the mileage quit counting, the climate control quit working (although the fan was blowing on defrost, and I could change the temperature display), and the air conditioner quit working.

When I shut the car off, I let it sit for a couple of minutes. When I started it again, the problems were still there. Although now, the display on the climate control did not show anything.

I am getting ready to check fuses to see if the problem lies there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Possibly a plug came disconnected from your ECM under your dash (above your feet). Take off the plastic panel (side panel, 2 screws, pull), and make sure all the plugs are plugged in tight. 2 of mine came unplugged last year, and I just figured it out today and plugged em back in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Avenger.

I just came back from checking a couple of things. I pulled the codes, and got P1684 and P1695. Looking at those, the 1695 is that there are "No Body Bus Messages".

I'll stick my head under there to look for any loose plugs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked for loose connections, and didn't find any. The next day I made a call to the local Dodge dealer, and they said they would have to see the problem to figure out what was wrong. They suggested that it might have been a power problem, and asked if I have had any problems starting the car. I have not had any problems like that, so I didn't think that was it. I asked that if I needed to have the module replaced, what it would cost and they said it would be around $300-$400.

That same day, a fellow I work with suggested that I disconnect the negative from the battery for 10 minutes or so, and that might correct the problem. When I got home I did. The nice thing is that the negative connection is on the fender and I didn't have to get down to where the battery is.

I got busy and finally reconnected it after about an hour. Got inside, cranked it up, and WAHOOO, everything was working properly.

I don't know if the problem will happen again, but since, the battery is still the original, I'm thinking about getting a new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've not had the problem for the last couple of weeks. But then again, the temperature has not been that hot, and I've not been driving it the long drive to work.

Last week, I had a new battery installed at Sears, so I figure that should take care of any "old" battery problem. Well, yesterday I drove it to work. On the way home, sure enough, the gas guage went to "E", the air bag light came on, etc. I drive about 30 miles or so each way to work. I have not had the problem in the mornings (when it is cooler), but only in the afternoons when the temperature has been "hot" (in the 90's). In fact the temperature outside yesterday was in the 90's. So it looks like this problem is related to hot outside temperatures.

Looks like I may have to see about getting the module. Anyone have any ideas if there is anything else it might be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts