DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
does in happen to be from one of the last K cars? i havent seen one with the engine sitting that way, but it sure is a chrysler engine and body, i suppose maybe it was one of the last ones made and they were just getting into the whole intrepid style setup...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I was thinking Eagle Premier?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
88-92 eagle premier would have been acceptable too :)

Congrats!

Yes, this is the low selling dud of a dodge that inspired the creation of the LH series and the unique engine placement.

It was made by Renault...le french crap cars, sold as an Eagle, then a Dodge in agreement made by Lee Iacocca when he bought out AMC.

Troublesome and a pain to work on, you don't see many on the roads.

More info found here:
http://www.allpar.com/model/premier.html

...Yes, it was based on the Premier, in all its glory. The rear suspension is as described in the link provided, but with one addition...AMC recieved 2 patents on the torsion bar design. Chrysler developed longitudinal torsion bars into a high science, but the transverse bars of the M-body (when used in police service) had an annoying tendency to allow the front suspension to lose alignment whenever a curb was hit. The same engineer responsible for the M-body design corrected the problems on the Premier, in that the bars were "folded" together into a single, more compact design that was more rigid in bending and smoother riding, due to lower rate and greater travel.
Another interesting thing was that Chrysler destroyed the LH mule cars in a very public manner. At the beginning of the TV show "Viper", you will see 3 Premier police cars that are destroyed. If you look closely, the rear wheels are not in the proper rerlationship to the rear door as on the OE cars. This was because they were LH mule cars, one of which was a v8 (5.2L) with AWD, and an Audi 5000 transaxle and driveline......
http://www.allpar.com/model/intrepid.html

·
Registered
750 Posts
Actually i coulda swoare that the RVP engine was the same one in the delorean or a close relation to it but im sure someone will prove me wrong

·
Registered
750 Posts
Actually i coulda swoare that the RVP engine was the same one in the delorean or a close relation to it but im sure someone will prove me wrong

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I think the delorian had a volvo engine!

The dodge monico was the same as the eagle premier! North/South engine threw me for a minute!

Not sure they had much to do with developement of the lh tough

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I guess I never checked out the eagle premiere/dodge monaco. I never would have guessed that their engines were longitudinal.

I always thought Chrysler was inspired by the Acura Legend of the early 90's as their engine was mounted that way too.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
gn300 said:
I think the delorian had a volvo engine!
Actually, I believe the Delorean had a Chevy 350 in it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
froggy81500 said:
Actually, I believe the Delorean had a Chevy 350 in it.

It had a RVP or renault/Volvo/Peugeout engine which is the same at the manaco/premier. the delorean was a 2.7 and the monaco was 3.0 so i think and bet its the same engine----It only had 130 HP doesnt a Sears Crasftsman lawn mower have that now :)

Stock DeLorean Engine Specs

DMC Stage I Engine Specs
Type:
Light-alloy 90deg V6 with two overhead camshafts

Displacement: 2.85 Liters

Bore & Stroke: 91x73mm

Block type:
Light alloy with cast-iron cylinder liners

Cylinder heads:
Light alloy cross flow with hemi-chambers

Cooling system: Water/Ethylene Glycol

Fuel System:
Bosch K-Jetronic C.I.S. Fuel Injection

Ignition System: Bosch Electronic Breakerless

Emission Control:
Lambda Sond/catalytic. Unleaded fuel

Max Horse power: 130 @ 5500 rpm
Max Torque: 153 ft LB @ 2750 rpm

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,696 Posts
I had a 91 premier for a short time, it was a nice car with the exception of the electrical system, once that was fixed it ran ok for me, and the guy i sold it to is still driving it today..

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yep that engine was used in the Delorian, but with a different fuel injection system, its a Renualt engine,, it was also used in Volvos,, also notice the steering gear in the pic,, where have we seen this before? under the hoods of our treps,, yep chrysler "barrowed" a lot of ideas from the premier/ monaco, for the LH cars,and really they wernt bad cars just different,leave it to the french :violin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts