DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno if I'd call it "Sweet." It is however, making me think twice about buying a new Grand Cherokee to replace my 2000 Laredo. I believe it's basically the same running gear. I've climbed hills like that is CARS.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No, that guy is an idiot I've taken our 99 Jeep GC limited over stuff like that with ease. I just dont floor it at the hill, just got to know how to take the hill.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh believe me, I've climbed worse in my 2000 GC Laredo (and have a little battle scarring to show for it!). I still don't see how that x-fer case broke like that.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
All I can gues is he had the pedal floored and when he hit that bump just didn't give the suspension and stuff enough time to react and landed right on the transfer case.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Operator said:
I still don't see how that x-fer case broke like that.
From watching the video, that "crash" to the bottom seemed too mild to do that kind of damage.
Unless the transfer case already had serious pre-existing damage.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The guy high-centered the Liberty and bounced the entire weight of the KJ onto the case & tranny.

I'd be be surprised if the frame wasn't bent too.

Look at the video again, the suspension take none of the weight, it all goes to the case.

It wasn't the steepness of that piddlin' little hill. It was the break-over height and angle. Dumb Ass probably ran his dirt bike over the trail at top speed and figured he could do the same with a Jeep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts