DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if thare are other forums I can post my question. I need to fix my 94's missing by Sunday/13

·
Registered
498 Posts
Try posting in the 1st generation forum or you might as well post it here since you already posted this lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Need to fix your 94's missing... what?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I assume you mean your engine is intermittantly misfiring... Is your Check engine light on? Any codes?? Is it missing at idle, all the time, or under heavy accelleration??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bongobobny said:
I assume you mean your engine is intermittantly misfiring... Is your Check engine light on? Any codes?? Is it missing at idle, all the time, or under heavy accelleration??
It's missing all the time and it gets worse under heavy acceleration, There are no engine codes. The plugs were replaced last summer and I did check the plug wires with a little tester I bought from a local parts store and they seem to be ok. I also replaced the fuel filter a few months ago. The car has 170,000km or 102,000 miles. Any ideas

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys I fixed the missing problem by replacing the plug wires. This is the 2nd time I had the same problem with 2 different cars. I have an 99 olds with a 3.8 engine it was missing no error codes it turned out to be the spark plugs and on the intrepid it was the wires. I think many of us are skipping the old and tried steps. replace spark plugs and wires every 3 years. Forget that crap abought 130,000 km wires and plug wires. later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts