DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

That area on the 2 Fronts 300m Special sturts I have is bent out and up, on both sides. The Intrepid ones are dead strait on.

I am awaiting contact from TFC. Since I have no other special struts I have nothing to compare it to, but now I understand why they think they were bent.

--Gorm

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Possibly the bolt location on the body of the car is different on the specials to compensate for the shorter springs?

My shop ovaled the holes on the struts to compensate.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i read your post for about 7 minutes before i realized that "out of two" meant "out of tow"

I thought you meant you pulled the springs from different cars.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
i read your post for about 7 minutes before i realized that "out of two" meant "out of tow"

I thought you meant you pulled the springs from different cars.
Took even a couple more minutes to realize you meant "out of toe".

I believe Ross said something about having to use 'special' bolts, that may have had to do with M special steering knuckles. Did you change the knuckles or just the springs/struts ? These are designed to work together...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
(I know how to spell toe... thats why I put quotes around it referring to the fact that Gorm's typo was a spelling error on top of that.)

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allright, yes it is "out of toe" I will edit the orginial on to say this.

Also he says the problem they are having is where the tire rod connects onto the strut. He says the 300m one is up and out where the Intrepid one is strait.

He wanted to know if they car had been in a wreck and damaged them. IDK what kind of a wreck these things were in. Hopefully Ross is on here pretty quick, as they are waiting for my answer.

--Gorm

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
(I know how to spell toe... thats why I put quotes around it referring to the fact that Gorm's typo was a spelling error on top of that.)
Lol... I thought that was kinda odd for you...

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CDN R/T said:
Took even a couple more minutes to realize you meant "out of toe".

I believe Ross said something about having to use 'special' bolts, that may have had to do with M special steering knuckles. Did you change the knuckles or just the springs/struts ? These are designed to work together...
Was I supposed to change the kunckles...and at the risk of sounding dumb, what would that have to do with the tire rod connection location?

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutly nothing..other than they sit slightly lower. I beleive it is a half an inch.

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
lol... that sounds like a worthy investment...

sell the springs and give me the money for a paint job

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My OEM struts are shot to hell, these were my best option to replace them with.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump...main post bumped with new info. Still having suspension difficulties. Awaiting TFC to contact me, if you have Ross (TFC)'s phone number please PM me with it. Thank you.

--Gorm

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Hey Gorm, how much were the Specials Strut assemblies?, And how many miles does the "Trep Special" have?.

LU2000ES

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
That's just weird, I got the same setup on my 99' Trep and the arm where the tie rod connects is straight. Maybe those are damaged or something, can't you post an actual pic, it would show better..

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are at the shop right now. You will see what I mean when I take some pics tomorrow. The car should...hopefully...be back by then. :)

Update...Went ahead and purchased some aftermarket struts that would be used on a 300m Special, a bit pricy but still not as bad as OEM prices. They will then re-use the springs/mounts...etc.

I'll let you know how it turns out. :D

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Gorm said:
They are at the shop right now. You will see what I mean when I take some pics tomorrow. The car should...hopefully...be back by then. :)

Update...Went ahead and purchased some aftermarket struts that would be used on a 300m Special, a bit pricy but still not as bad as OEM prices. They will then re-use the springs/mounts...etc.

I'll let you know how it turns out. :D

--Gorm
Too lazy to do it yourself Gorm ???? :borgsmile

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
The top knuckle to strut bolt is different for the Specials to correct a camber issue. As far as the bent up arm for the tie rod goes, I don't recall wether they were bent up or not. Do both sides appear to be bent up equally? Are the aftermarket ones bent up?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I say search for 300m special around your area, lol, and get under that *****, and analize her IN + OUT!lol :) thats what I'll do LOL :)

LUISA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts