DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The H&R springs have been installed along with new Tokico performance struts, strut bearings, strut mounts, stabilizer links, spring bushings, sway bar bushings and any other suspension bearings that looked like they were wearing. The car handles great! I've only had it out a litle bit so far but it corners flatter and is more responsive than when it was new. It is a bit stiff but I wanted that.

I still have to get it aligned and install the new tires...that will happen Monday. It should be even better.

A big thank you to Aaron, aka gr8crash. He did most of the work and he is a great guy. Also thank you to Jeff at Hendricks Dodge...he supplied all of the parts at great prices!

BTW, for any of you thinking of changing your rear struts, the top mount attaches in the space below the rear speakers. We had to remove the rear seat, the package tray and the speakers to get to the top of the struts. While you are there, replace the rear speakers (if you haven't already). You are doing all of the labor already.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Very nice dude.......I still have too much body roll with the H&R's, but it IS better than stock.

.......should a 3600lb Intrepid 4-door family sedan outhandle a 2700lb Laser 2-door sports car? Because this is what I have personally experienced :p

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Avenger said:
should a 3600lb Intrepid 4-door family sedan outhandle a 2700lb Laser 2-door sports car? Because this is what I have personally experienced :p
I had some bright blue, super thick anti-sway bars installed on the Turbo Eclipse, considerably increased cornering. Cornered flat, hardly any body roll. Get it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i'm glad i could help Shelly, i'm glad your happy with the results let me know how it is after you get the tires and alignment and again, your welcome, it was godo to meet another member and work on car, always learn sumtin new when ya do it :) but again, glad to be of help and am glad your happy with the results

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I see how it is Aaron... you help out for suspension issues, but you won't hook a brother up with exhaust work. :(

J/K.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
lol we still have time crombie lol

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
he will ahve new tirs and the alignment done tomorrow i beleive

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The alignment has been done and I have had new tires installed...a set of Pirelli PZero Nero M&S 235/55WR-17's (FYI, these are on sale at the Tire Rack for $119 each!). The car handles great! What an improvement!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
were they able to get it aligned right with the special bolts and and all?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gr8crash said:
were they able to get it aligned right with the special bolts and and all?
He said all 4 corners were way out of whack to start. No surprise given all the work done to it. The rear adjustable arms were a help but he did not need to use the front alignment kit.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
well its not that they have to use it, its that they can use them to give beter handling, they adjust the camber for better handling

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
When I went to get my alignment done after the new springs and struts, the car wasn't that bad out of alignment (I think I still have the print out somewhere). They also didn't need the camber bolts to align the car. But I have noticed the steering wheel is not exactly centered when going straight. Maybe I need another alignment since the springs have now settled.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
its not that you need the camber kit for the alignment, it that using the alignment kit, they can align it for better handling

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had it done at a local performance shop...I asked that it be set up for aggressive handling. He said he didn't need the kit to get it where he wanted it. He was very familiar with the bolts and how they function. I do not have the alignment printouts...I have to go back and get them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's now been a couple of weeks since the suspension was completed. I've had the car up to speed and through some aggressive curvey roads. It is an absolute blast to drive. It seems to handle much better than when it was new! The Pirellis seem to handle as well on dry pavement as the Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires they replaced.

Yesterday, I was out in the heavy rains...the new Pirellis are great in the rain...even better than the Michelins were.

All in all, I am VERY pleased with all of the changes. It makes the car feel new again. I have never before kept a daily driver longer than 3-4 years. The Intrepid is 5 1/2 years old and I will probably keep it a couple more years. My 15 year old wants it as his first car!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
glad to hear its all going well i guess i did something right :p

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
2000RT said:
It's now been a couple of weeks since the suspension was completed. I've had the car up to speed and through some aggressive curvey roads. It is an absolute blast to drive. It seems to handle much better than when it was new! The Pirellis seem to handle as well on dry pavement as the Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires they replaced.

Yesterday, I was out in the heavy rains...the new Pirellis are great in the rain...even better than the Michelins were.

All in all, I am VERY pleased with all of the changes. It makes the car feel new again. I have never before kept a daily driver longer than 3-4 years. The Intrepid is 5 1/2 years old and I will probably keep it a couple more years. My 15 year old wants it as his first car!

Sounds like me after I had mine done this past spring. Very nice set-up.

Too bad I only got like a month left on my aftermarket rims with Falken summer tires. :( It's just about snow tire time with the stock rims. :(

I don't plan on being caught in another T-day blizzard on summer rubber this year. Last year was scary and painful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts