DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has put in aftermarket H3s. What mods did you make to install them? Did you put bullet terminals on the bulb ends? Or modify the car to take the flat ends?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I used a female bullet connector, about 1.5" of wire, and a female spade connector..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lighter, I use it for all my wire stripping.
Lol that's a different approach I've never heard of. I found my wire strippers though. I was severely disappointed with the foglights I got though. I got some that said 6000k thinking they would match my HIDs at least in color & they're not even close!

Has anyone tried out the LED H3 bulbs?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has no one used the LED bulbs? For some reason their not working. Think I need to put a larger fuse in maybe?

·
Registered
706 Posts
LED's should draw less - a bigger fuse should not be needed. LED's are polar sensitive. If you connect them backwards - they wont work. just swap the wires and try again.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Try taking the bulb out..testing it with a 9-12Volt drill battery(or a 9v energizer) ..just to make sure the bulbs work..

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have tried 2 20 dollar sets of the H3 led bulbs and they are NOT bright enough to have any function OTHER THAN just looks! I have since then installed H3 HIDs in my fog lights and have had NO problems. To answer your first question, I just cut the pigtail connectors off of the car and also the HIDs and put butt connectors on since they are already on a switch.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,448 Posts
Good luck with those LED bulbs. They'll be worthless for illumination.

·
Registered
215 Posts
x2 with Ronbo. LED's are a great match for the look of HID, but they don't illuminate as well as Halogen bulbs. I went with yellow all-weather lights http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm. I got the 100w H3 bulbs they are $8.99 a bulb but I like the look. You can also get them in other colors as well.

The one thing I liked about this site was they tell you up-front that LED's are not as bright as Halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
How would I do that?
Take the battery.. hold + and - wires against the corresponding terminals..and touch them to the bulb's connectors.. I use that method all the time to test stuff..even speakers to figure out polarity (which is pos and which is neg..instead of hunting down wiring schematics)

BTW..I totally agree with the fact that leds are worthless for seeing the road.... they're bright as hell when you're looking INTO them (great for turn signals/drl etc for oncoming drivers).. but as far as being useful means of illuminating the road.. not a chance..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I'll have to see once they're hooked up & working. I know a couple guys with Mazdaspeed 6s that did the same thing & they looked great. Unfortunately you can't see how well they illuminate by themselves because with those cars the headlights have to be on for them to be on too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts