DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

1996 Dodge Intrepid ES Base model. Nothing fancy.

The red circle is the the wire that I can't seem to figure out where it goes. Any suggestions? It's 7 wires and can only reach to about where the ODBII is. That connector I believe is to blame for my lack of interior lights/glove box light/trunk release/radio/and power door locks. Everything else seems to work without a hitch. I took out the floor heating tube and looked up in there and couldn't figure it out. I'm going nuts. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose I should've mentioned I checked all the fuses. None of them are blown. That wire will reach to ODBII inlet and comes from about where the traction control switch would be given I had it. I was also confused to see a wire behind the traction control button? It has a plug on it and everything just doesn't plug into anything. The back peice of the dash has a little place to hold the wire but doesn't serve any purpose. I also have a wire under the hood by the head lights that doesn't serve a purpose to the best of my knowlegde. Kind of weird why they'd include wires if they have no use?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't all the 1st gens have the wiring harness plug for the traction control switch even though you might not have it? Its also used for setting the keyless entry keyfob i believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts