DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Halogen light bulbs?
I use Halogen headlights, but not light bulbs.

Click here for an example

The company states that they're twice as bright than the standard light bulb. What are your opinions?

I'd like to upgrade my back up lights, and I think this might be what i've been looking for. I tried the JAMSTRAIT Hyper white type bulbs and was extremely dissapointed by there performance. They didn't light jack didly squad up. Not to mention they were $25 a piece.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
To put things in perspective, those are 55 watt bulbs, OEM foglight bulbs are 55 watts. I be those are bright, not a bad price either, I'd say try 'em.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I am also looking into getting some new backup lights that are brighter. I might look into these as well.

--Gorm

·
Registered
458 Posts
they look pretty decent to me. a 55 watt halogen back-up light is bound to be bright considering some headlight bulbs are around 55 watts :eek: . i'd buy them if i was in the market for some brighter back-up bulbs (which maybe i'll buy some anyway)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, here's a quick update on the above lights:

I went ahead and purchased these so called Halogen light bulbs. Once installed I found out that they are crap! They emit the same ammount of light that the stock bulbs put out. So save yourselves $50 and DO NOT BUY THESE HALOGEN LIGHT BULBS!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The headlights are. But not the rest of the bulbs. For example: turn signals, stop lights, and back up lights.

As stated in the beginning of the thread, these were used for back up lights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just ordered LED lights for the tails and corners, I'll let you know how they look and perform. LEDs are brighter than the standard.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do not buy white ones to use as back up lights. They will not emit enough light for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts