DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my Eagle has rolled over to 140,000 today, I ment to have a picture of it but didnt. But 140,000 on the orignal motor and it will still take it up to teh PCM limiter.

I know 140,000 isnt much for alot for you, but for me. I think I am Proud yay!!
Not Looking bad for an Old 3.3?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I hope mine makes it to 140k

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well as clean as that engine looks you should have no trouble getting another 140k

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Some Call it OCD, (over compulsive Disorder) I call it Keep a Heart and Lungs Clean Know What I Mean.

But That is hte one best thing about my car, pop the hood, and every last ricer shut his mouth. Function and Beauty Coexisist under My hood... Thank You All!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Congrats! Many more miles to come. My Intrepid only has 114K on it and she'll go anywhere with zero issues. I love my Intrepid

·
Registered
279 Posts
Buddy,

It's not even run in yet!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Was kinda crusty eh!!

Great job!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its My First Car, Bought it myself. So I just proud of it. Prolly the only thing That has never let me down. In two years has never..NEVER failed to start. ..........

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Knowing how the 3.3L engine is for other members, including myself. When my 2.7L dies, I may try and find a 3.3L engine and have some boost (turbo/SC) in it to make it have the same getup-and-go as the 2.7 or better.
That and have a few modifications done to the engine as well.

I don't know if this has been done. I know I could just as easily go for 3.2L or 3.5L, I'm still very partial with the 3.3L engine.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
3.3 for life! I've own 4 cars with the 3.3 and it's been by far the most reliable and economical motor so far. That's why it took me 6 months to find a short base minivan with the 3.3 in it (very rare, most got the crummy 3.0 V6).

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Matt86 said:
3.3 for life! I've own 4 cars with the 3.3 and it's been by far the most reliable and economical motor so far. That's why it took me 6 months to find a short base minivan with the 3.3 in it (very rare, most got the crummy 3.0 V6).
have you ever owned a 3.5?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Matt86 said:
****, I miss my 3.3L.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I beata firebird ina ES said:
have you ever owned a 3.5?
Yes, and I've driven several other 1st gens with the 3.5's. Honestly, I can't really tell the differece between the two powerwise. The 3.5 has a bit more get up and go, but at highway speeds they are almost identicle.

A 3.5 HO on the other hand...now that thing is quick. Though I'm not a lead foot, plus I loathe timing belts!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
see i've never driven a 3.3 and could not honestly say if one was better then the other, i've always just assumed they were weaker cause they were the base model motor, but since i've been on the boards and heard how so many people say there bullet proof, i've been looking for a 3.3 trep to get as my second car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts