DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a situation, I'm trying to reinstall my old pioneer radio "deh-t3100ub" Problem is the harness is spliced and the Chrysler kit is spliced as well, the connection from the harness to the kit is intact though. So i am wonder can i just reconnect the wires, cap them off? Also is there a website or is there a page that describes what each wire is for both the kit and the harness, and how hard is this to do by the way? I would appreciate any help on this, Thank-you.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Hard time following the post there, but when it comes to aftermarket wiring adaptors, just about all of them use the same wiring colors - I know that the adapter kit I bought at Walmart was the same as the Pioneer I was installing, so I just matched color for color. The Pioneer was an older one, but it also included a break down of what wire was what color right on the body of the head unit. As for factory colors, I never had to worry cause I used an adapter kit...

Does that help? Or have I missed something else?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol my bad sorry i needed the diagram for the wiring here it is btw.. thanks though 8)
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis or Metal Strap
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Orange
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Orange/Red
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you are looking for diagrams, The12Volt.com is a good place to start. Most of the time they are fairly accurate.

As far as reconnecting the wires, you can do that as long as you make solid connections. If they aren't going to be used, grab your good electrical tape and cap it off with it. Also, a really good idea is to put some little tags on all the wires to let you know what they are for future reference, that way you won't have this issue next time. =)

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
If you are looking for diagrams, The12Volt.com is a good place to start. Most of the time they are fairly accurate.

As far as reconnecting the wires, you can do that as long as you make solid connections. If they aren't going to be used, grab your good electrical tape and cap it off with it. Also, a really good idea is to put some little tags on all the wires to let you know what they are for future reference, that way you won't have this issue next time. =)
I personally would just pull the wires out of the connectors if you aren't using them, that way there is nothing hanging around that could potentially come in contact with anything. Write down what all the wires are somewhere for future reference. I have a whole folder of word files with that kind of information.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The only reason I wouldn't recommend that is if he changes his mind and puts in a sub or what not and he ripped the wires out then he's going to need to buy the harness again. I say just label them, tape them off the zip tie into a neat bundle.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
The only reason I wouldn't recommend that is if he changes his mind and puts in a sub or what not and he ripped the wires out then he's going to need to buy the harness again. I say just label them, tape them off the zip tie into a neat bundle.
You don't have to buy the harness again. You can just pull the pins out of the connectors, and if you decided you wanted the wires thats why you wrote down which wire went to which position in a word file somewhere. Just pop them back in.

I've just learned not to keep stray wires all over the place. I have so much wiring in my car that it just gets to be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I keep a binder and note book in the trunk that has all of my modifications in detail along with part numbers so if I ever sale the car or forget what I need to replace a part I have a quick reference.

Just tape the tips of the wires that aren't needed and zip tie them to the rest of the harness. What I did in my old ES when I installed the carputer I used a cheapo harness adapter and just followed the color code. Red to red, yellow to yellow and so on. It sounds like he's hard wiring the deck harness to the car's stereo harness. I would use the diagram from the12volt.com and label the wires or write up a reference chart for what wire does what.

Deckside or harness Adapter

Most stereo configurations use this format for color coding.

1984 - UP dodge stereo harness.

Gray Connection Block
1 Pink/Black = Memory
2 Red/White = 12volt power
3 Orange = Dimmer
4 Black/Yellow = Illumination
5 Blue/Red = Right Front -
6 Brown/Red = Left Front -
7 Not Connected

Black connection Block
1 Blue/Orange = Right Rear -
2 Brown/Light Blue = Left Rear -
3 Violet = Right Front +
4 Green/White = Left Front +
5 Blue/White = Right Rear +
6 Brown/Yellow = Left Rear +
7 Light Green = Amp Trigger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.