DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to bring up,has anybody attemped, or completed to 2-GEN LH Plat- form O.E.M. Sunroof conversion?, just wondering, I wanna tackle a niiice Factory look to My Baby!, I have the stock O.E.M. Otis Sunroof switch, Sunroof harness, and just need the glass, frame, motor, etc.., any help would be great!, I mean this mod wont be into hands until the end of summe rmaybe, I just have so much other **** I wanna complete on my baby rite now, so any help buildups would be helpful!, thanks!

LUISA

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
This has been discussed before, unfortunately the only way to do it is to cut the whole roof off at the pillars and weld the one with the sunroof on. The factory roof for cars with sunroofs have a special lip that can't be duplicated on a non-sunroof car. I really wanted to do it too but I'm not about to cut my roof off. AFAIK, only one person on here has done this and it came out great but its just not worth it for me.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I forget who that was that did it, but he had damage and had to replace the roof anyways so it wasn't that big of a deal. I wander how much it would cost to slice off the roof like that?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Umm......

Try the search button.

No matter how you cut it, it's gonna cost alot, and I mean ALOT, of bucks.

Either to rplace the roof panel or to graft the sunroof in (if you can even find a body shop that will even try).

Don't even think about trying it yourself unless you are a very accomplished body man.

Cheers

BJ

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
I have the tools to do it,, as far as the know how?? nope,, i did put a diffrent roof on a 88 buick once,, it wansent a big deal . till it came to fitting back the glass in,, measure twice cut once,, I think i did the oppisite,,
Ivote no to this project
Doc

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I would think that in order to get the "Lip " why would one cut the whole roof off and disterb the glass etc.

cut 6" away from the sunroof hole and cut in into your roof!

with todays urathane sealers etc it's even possable to put it in with out welding.

I know a guy who put t-top is a marada it turned out better tham oem.

To change the entire roof would be a lot of extra work.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Changing the roof is a lot of work, but aftermarket sunroof's on our cars have problems for two reasons. One they leak like a ***** and yes you can get lucky with one that doesn't, but they also don't fit the curve of the roof the way that a stock one does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.