DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Traction Control into 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2L, w/Autostick?, I dont have traction control now, but wanteed to know the pros and Cons for this Feature on our cars. Would it be a good investment into an ES PACKAGE?.

LUISA

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
If you don't already have ABS, you'll need that first. Take a gander below the reply box here at "similar threads"

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I remember reading a post about this not too long ago, and from memory, TFC replied saying that he had attempted it without success, even the dodge techs couldn't work out why it wasn't working.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
DodgeyAussie said:
I remember reading a post about this not too long ago, and from memory, TFC replied saying that he had attempted it without success, even the dodge techs couldn't work out why it wasn't working.
Yup, he still doesn't have it fully operational.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so wat does do when in need?,lol, Keep in mind I will pushing 20's all around, maybe chrome, so Will this be a need?, I had 20's before, but kinda thought that this traction contro; would help it out in the rain, any comments, or thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
224 Posts
luisa said:
so wat does do when in need?,lol, Keep in mind I will pushing 20's all around, maybe chrome, so Will this be a need?, I had 20's before, but kinda thought that this traction contro; would help it out in the rain, any comments, or thoughts anyone?
You shouldn't be driving in the rain with you 20in chromies :)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
nah, just drive sensibly and you won't have any problems.

It would cost mucho deniero and would give you very little benefit.If it can be done at all. Antilock brakes are intregal to the trac system and must also be installed.
Not an easy task

Cheers

BJ

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
not to mention, it's basically a useless feature anyways.
Agree completely. Just don't mash on the pedal, that's traction control right there. The only time I ever found traction control helpful was trying to go up a good incline covered with lots of snow, Even then, starting the car in 2nd (and 3rd gear for that matter) probably helped out a lot more with traction than traction control ever did.

A while back, someone was working on a device that would automatically turn off traction control when a car is started. Don't know if they ever figured out how to do it, but MANY people were interested in it. Treps don't make that much power that it NEEDS trac control. Besides, it's just a low speed trac control anyways.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
ABS is awesome when you need it. Traction Control is a button that frequently needs to be pushed...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
not to mention, it's basically a useless feature anyways.
Not quite. it helps with an open differential's limitations.
and when the struts wear out, the car rolls so quickly, that the inner tire always brakes traction.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i hate i have press traction control off as opposed to having to turn it on.
soma dcx laywer suggestion im sure. the only time you notice it, besides when your tryin to burn out, is in the snow. i wouldnt miss it at all to be honest. dont waste your time or money.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
MikeW said:
Not quite. it helps with an open differential's limitations.
and when the struts wear out, the car rolls so quickly, that the inner tire always brakes traction.
no. it's useless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts