DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
no, but if I had $200 I would. I have replaced my rotors up front 2 months ago.. and now the left one is glazed over again (squeeeek squeeeek squeeeek squeeeek). mabe I just drive too hard >:p

·
Registered
530 Posts
got this e-mail when inquiring about brembo brake parts

If you contact our leading distributor, they may be able to assist you with some options since we do not offer an upgrade for you at this time. Their company name is RACE TECHNOLOGIES and they can be reached at (310) 306-3158 or on the web at www.racetechnologies.com. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns and thank you for your interest in Brembo products.

Jesse Ramirez

Customer Service Coordinator

High Performance Division

Brembo North America

Phone :(714)641-5831 Ext. 247

Fax :(714)641-5827

Website www.brembo.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 11:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Recommend a Brake System:

Name: michael boman
Email: [email protected]
Vehicle Make: dodge
Vehicle Model: intrepid
VehicleYear: 1997
Recommendation:
:( :(

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i am going to have to replace my front rotors soon, maybe it might be a good oportunity to see what those babies would look like behind my aluminum rims :)....BTW are there any kind of pads that wont leave brake dust all over the rims???

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It couldn't cost too much more than OEM parts. I am amazed that they even exist for our application. It must be similar to a more popular one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
i am going to have to replace my front rotors soon, maybe it might be a good oportunity to see what those babies would look like behind my aluminum rims :)....BTW are there any kind of pads that wont leave brake dust all over the rims???
Yea they do, i can't think of the what they are called exactly, but they exist.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
Ceramic pads I think leave no dust trail.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
hmm...i need those, i get so sick of cleaning brake dust off my rims.

·
Registered
587 Posts
BLKBUTE is right, if you get the ceramic pads they won't leave any dust, and I also believe that they dont make any squeal, and are pretty quiet even during normal breaking. Even getting high quality pads like I did will help your rims look better. They aren't ceramic, but they are the next best thing from ceramic pads. I have no dust at all from them. They are available from carquest automotive. Not sure if they have Carquest down in the states or not...
Just get some high quality pads, and there won't be much dust. Don't go with the Mopar garbage pads or rotors...btw, the carquest rotors are nice too!

And whoever said that the Stillen cross-drilled rotors can't be much more than OEM? Dream on dude....but they are prbably worth the price.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i'll have to look around for the ceramic pads....and yes they have carquest here in the states :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Saw an ad for some Kevlar pads a while back. I can't imagine they would leave dust. I also can't imagime what they would cost.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Ceramic pads won't leave any dust (or at least very little). However; ceramic is a really, really hard material. If you have ceramic pads, you are going to want to get cross-drilled rotors and maybe even some aluminum calipers to help dissipate heat. If you use solid rotors, the chance of having glaze over is higher with ceramic pads due to the nature of the material. Also because of the nature of the material, you may have to replace your rotors every time you replace your pads.

Ceramic pads are a great performance pad. But, the upfront cost and the maintaince cost of ceramic pads is greater than your normal semi-met or organic pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts