DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this dosnt have to do with intrepids but i heard and seen stuff on dodge forums, that if u turn the key forward it will bypass the limiter,(it will not try to start it)it will shut down all computer and u will keep on accelerating,it also said it will work on some other dodges. lol i dont want to try it at all but my dad has a ram hemi. and i was just wondering if its true or if anyone heard of that...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I dunno, If I'm already going 118mph in a 'regular car' I really don't want to take my hands off the steering wheel........

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've heard that too, though my R/T is limited at 143Mph. I don't think dickin' around with the key @ that speed is wise.

·
Registered
715 Posts
yeah probably not a good idea. I would think that by doing that it would engage the starter again, and by doing so youd fry the starter.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Danimal217 said:
yeah probably not a good idea. I would think that by doing that it would engage the starter again, and by doing so youd fry the starter.
Nah, the PCM won't let it.

I'm just not interested in taking my paws off the wheel at that speed.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Danimal217 said:
Try it.....turn your key while your engine is running :)

Seriously, try it!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
CDN R/T said:
Nah, the PCM won't let it.

I'm just not interested in taking my paws off the wheel at that speed.

CDN R/T is right, the car will NOT engage the starter in any position except park or neutral.

+1 rep for CDN R/T for clearing this misunderstood feature of our cars!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol ya i wouldnt try it either at that speed but i heard from a few people it may be possibe to do but i found that kinda weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts