DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 99 intrepid 3.2L. a couple months ago my hazards went off while driving down the freeway and didn't want to stay off. after a couple tries, it was fine. then last night it happened again, took a bunch if tries to get it to stay off. then today my alarm went off. when I went out, the hazards were engaged. I also noticed it said I had a door open, but I did not. I even opened the all and slammed them. and the instrument panel was on like when you first out the key in (oil light and mileage) I checked the fuses and they are all fine. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but about a year ago my cig lighter stopped working, whenever I put in a new fuse, it blows as soon as I start the car, so I've just left that fuse out. I don't even know where to start with this issue. it is a factory alarm.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Sounds like a door switch failing and getting triggered. As far which one...can't help you there. The dealer can find out from reading code history but that can be pricey!

I'm assuming you have an ES?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Those switches are part of the door latch at the back of the doors.

Might have to jumper each door switch one at a time to troubleshoot yourself. The "Key" Indicator is the instrument cluster showing a "Door Open" message so it's a door switch. If it were the Trunk Lid you'd have a different indicator in the instrument cluster. The trunk lid is the only other item that would trigger the alarm and you're saying you get the door ajar indicator so that rules that out.

If it were me I'd zero in on the Driver Front door as that's used the most.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts