DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
VHT Niteshades Spray Tint is what most guys use here but before take this rought i would check your local laws about tinting.
the headlights i would not do at all but there are covers for the headlights that i know of for the 1st gens but im not shure about the 2nd gens.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
headlight tinting will be pretty much illegal where ever you are. Get covers for the headlights, and either Nightshade or Pactra also makes a spray tint for the rears.

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
ya covers run about 80 bucks canadian, i know i went through the same thing as you. the spray isnt too bad, i got mine for like 5 or 6 bucks a can. and cokey did like 2 coats on his rears and they look good.

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
so true.... thats y i like waht cokey did.... left the middle brake uncovered. covers up front are good if you have fogs.. but i just take mine off at night, dont do much night driving tho cuz i like to show em off. never been stoped yet and ive crossed the border iwth them on.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Tinting and covers are pretty much illegal everywhere. Kinda defeats the purpose of lights when you can't see them, especially from a distance. I've seen more than one rear end collision cause people could not see the brake lights during the day time. :biggrin:
If you do it right, there aren't any issues. A light tint using Niteshades and upgrading to LED bulbs and you'll still end up brighter than stock. If you completely black out the back end to the point where nothing shows through, yes, you'll end up with another car parked in your trunk. Comes down to common sense and what the law will allow.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
How many of them do you know or see on the road ever day that does it right, has common sense, or follows the law ?? :biggrin:
Not many, you just have to hope that someone's doing it worse than you and they're the one who gets pulled over. Honestly, i've been stopped 3-4 times since tinting my tails and never had the cop mention anything to me. It could be the additional 18 LED's i added to the trunk section...but more likely that i didn't go crazy and completely black out the tails.
I used common sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts