DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger headlamp has had this long thick yellow brown streak on the inside of the lens since I bought it. I was bored so I thought I'd follow the how-to and tear the lamp apart. Needless to say, without pics I destroyed it. I thought that it wouldn't be that hard of a project so I tried it anyway. Luckily I found a used replacement on Ebay for $35 shipped. That one came in the mail today. It's AFU too. Some how the reflector on both ends is wore off. How does that happen? So my dad is gonna use his dremmel and try to cut off the lense on the newest one. My new project is do it yourself black diamonds. How hard could that be? Tape off around the inside of the reflector where the bulb sits, then spray the rest of the reflector black. Sounds easy huh? I've heard that before.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was thinking about making my own black diamond lens housings out of the stockers but the stockers had a haze so i just ordered new black diamond housings and installed them last week.. They look pretty sick with my hid kit :) I need to wash my car before any pics go up though LOL havnt got any of the moisture issues people have been talking about..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided not to destroy another lamp. I'm just gonna wait until income tax returns and get a real set. Home made would probably look too ghetto anyway. Must be nice not having snow at this time of year. It arrived late here, but now it's in mountains. I just found out that my dad tried to pry the lens out of the housing with a flat head and cracked about six inches of the plastic around the top. I can't wait until tax returns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts