DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Happy 2021 - got to be a better year than last! Ok, my 2004 needs a new low beam bulb. My question is do I really need to pull out the whole cross support that has the hood latch on it, just to change the bulbs? 2004 Concorde Limited with "cab forward design"... 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply. On a Concorde - can you change both sides - high & low beam headlight bulbs without doing anything with a ratchet? Here is a youtube in Spanish showing what I mean. Can you reach all the bulbs without using a socket?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks! ...but you would think that changing headlight bulbs would be something you should be able to just reach in an change with your hands - without tools.

Registered
I don't know about that. Yes, the bulbs maybe but not the headlight itself. The headlight would need to be removed using tools because if it didn't there is a chancd that if you were driving one day it would fall off. The reason is because headlights are usually held on by bolts or fasteners that usually requires tools to remove them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry - I am only talking about changing the bulbs - not the whole headlight housing - though with my hazy old ones maybe someday. I changed my post to clarify that I am only asking about changing my headlight bulbs on my 2004 Concorde - which I think might be different from the intrepid. Thanks all!

Registered
Well, you still have to remove the headlights to get to the bulbs. That's the only way that I know of. Also, its basically the same on both vehicles when it comes to removing the headlights. Its just that you need to remove the clips for the bumper on one of them because of the design of the headlights. Same model year and the same engine bay. A few parts are the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I can see your point - I see youtubes that show it is easier to pull off the bar that holds the hood latch - that way the bumper can stay put. I guess I will try that way first. Clearly someone buggered up my one long bolt before an converted it into a flat tip top. (Please see my attached photos & a found youtube link.)

20210102_143812~2.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts