DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes, I do agree with you NYCDahon. I hope nothing has happened when you say emergency. Well anyway, I hope that you will be able to change the bulbs in your headlights. Wish you luck!
Thanks - nothing serious - I own rental properties. Sometimes I have things to deal with.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package
5,937 Posts
As far as LED front turn signal bulbs, have you looked into Switchback (A/O) style bulbs?
They’re a nice option. White when just on normal then switch to flashing Amber/Off when turn signal(s) are activated, back to White when turn signal is done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
My original bulbs are likely 3057s - they seem like they were orange colored but most of the color has crinkled up and fallen off. I am worried about flashback or hyper fast flashing with LEDs in turn signals - any advice? And anyone know what the stock bulb is.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package
5,937 Posts
There is a module that plugs in under the dash replacing the factory one that fixes any LED hyper flashing issues.

I forget what it’s name/number is if anyone else on here remembers this item, can you please post it here thanks....

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
There is a module that plugs in under the dash replacing the factory one that fixes any LED hyper flashing issues.

I forget what it’s name/number is if anyone else on here remembers this item, can you please post it here thanks....
See post no. 3 here: Flasher Combo Relay

I did not use LED turn signals, so none of the info. I posted there is from personal experience - the question kept coming up, so I pulled together the best info. I saw posted. Read all of the information linked in that post, and decide.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
To locate the flasher, see post no. 4 here: Turn signals and Hazards don't work

It also includes the secret to removing the original flasher without having to break stuff. Or just abandon the original flashier in place and zip tie the wires to other wires to secure the new flasher.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Anyone know what type Mopar push pins I need to get? All 3 of mine are missing from the bumper fascia. I bought car a few years back for $700 with bad power steering lines - and the mechanic nearest the car changed them out for me - he was no fan of the cab forward design. He was a bit of a nut - he lost all the push pins at that point. BTW -Thanks everyone for all the info!

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Go to fastenal.com and search on the Chrysler part numbers for the fasteners. They have the exact factory parts. Most cities have a Fastenal brick and mortar store - I'm in a semi-rural area, and there's even one about 3 miles from my house. You can buy boxes of 15 or 20 or so of the fasteners for what 4 or 5 similar fasteners would cost you at the parts store - so basically a lifetime supply of factory-quality and exact parts for what you'd pay for a small handful of a similar part at the parts store for a one-time fascia drop.

I kept a box each of those Fastenal push pins and the plastic pop rivets used to attach the fascia and air dam strip (at bottom of fascia) when I had my Concordes. You'll need a pop rivet gun that can accept the larger pin diameter to install those.

Or you can find similar fasteners of the right diameters at NAPA, but, again, you'll pay a bunch more per fastener that way compared to a box of the factory part from Fastenal. A lot of people just put wire ties in place of the plastic pop rivets at the bottom of the fascia.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,757 Posts
Took a bit of searching on the Fastenal site but they don't refer to them as "Push Pins". Here's the general area of the site to look.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
The idea was to plug the Chrysler part numbers into the Fastenal search feature. 🤷‍♂️

From Chrysler parts pdf:

Note: Suppliers, and even Chrysler internally, are inconsistent on whether they keep or drop the leading zero in referencing the Chrysler part numbers. So when researching, for example, 06504700, you have to try both "06504700" and "6504700". As it turns out, Fastenal drops the leading zeroes.

Both parts have two results each in their search. In both cases, the mfr. is Auveco.

6504700 (called "RIVET, Blind Expansion (R-Lok)" in Chrysler parts pdf):

6504521 (called "PIN, Push" in Chrysler parts pdf):

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Dang! 6504521 (called "PIN, Push" in Chrysler parts pdf): those are .95 each. I pick 'em up for free at the wrecking yard whenever I need more.

But thanks Bill. I didn't even know those (and others) were available. Always appreciate your info!

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Dang! 6504521 (called "PIN, Push" in Chrysler parts pdf): those are .95 each. I pick 'em up for free at the wrecking yard whenever I need more.

But thanks Bill. I didn't even know those (and others) were available. Always appreciate your info!
I agree they are expensive little bits of plastic. But nothing's too good for our show cars, eh!? :)

Sometimes they can be difficult to remove without scarring, seriously damaging, or destroying. The 6504700 are pretty much impossible to re-use (but, again, if you are a really cheap bastard, you can substitute zip ties).

41 - 60 of 61 Posts