DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my new headlight covers. Not GTS, but LUND ... just the same anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Looks good Mr Wilde... :) ... When you flip on your low beams does the light go through? Or do you have to remove them prior to sunset?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Covers

I have to remove them. Too friggin dark. I was going to get the GTS clears and then get the custom kit to make your own template for the covers , but I could only find them in the US and it was way to much for shipping.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Do me a favor! Take a head on shot in direct or good sunlight during the day, and let me see how those puppies look :)

I want some headlight covers soon whether I have to remove them or not because I want to tint out my rears with some nightshades :)

And where did you get your lunds, and for how much CANADIAN? :)

I appreciate it, thanks :) And the one that I've seen looks good :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EDF, I will take a pic of the whole thing as soon as I can. You know what its like now. Its dark when you go to work and its dark when you come home. Anyways the LUNDS i purchased from DRIVERFX.ca and the total with shipping in Canadian dollars was 81.73 for the pair. Pretty good price considering it was much more for the GTS.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Looks good. :thumbsup: I want a pair some day. It's nice to know I can go to O'Reily's Auto Parts here and get the AVS ones for $35. :D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EDF, I am quite happy with them except that with the time change I can only use them on the weekend in the daylight hours. It will be better when Summer comes again. I wanted to get the clear GTS and then do my own design for the inside. Couldn't find a decent price for Canada though!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im glad I went with the smoke now. Looks great with my tails darked out and especially it accentuates a white car.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i got a pair of covers, i love them. tho i will agree you cant see anything a night. having the stock fogs helps to a point. but i bought a set of high powered fogs and yeah i dont need headlights with them. they are 3 in 1 with a fog light and spotlight and indicator. ill attach a pic of them.

also be careful with closing your hood, dont break the clips ive already done that, just poor design but if your careful you'll be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
mysteryman said:
you cant see anything a night.
Shouldn't you take them off for night driving? I would assume so, since many people have said that they can't see **** with your headlights on.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Your absoulty right, you should take them off at night, considering you can see ****. The only reason i dont is because of my fog lights, they are bright enough that i can see perfectly fine even with headlights off, at the darkest point of the night. If you dont have high powered fogs then driving at night with them are not recomended

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I received my AVS Headlight Covers today. It says on the package that they are meant for "show & off-road use only". WTF!? So if I put them on in the a.m., and drive around. Will a police officer pull me over?

·
Registered
586 Posts
There is a chance, but ive had mine for three years, no problems, all my friends have them and i dont know of any problems with the police, surprisingly knowing our luck with them. But if you think of it almost half the mods for cars are show and off road use only, like neons, strobes, and other accesories such as those. If you have get pulled over its because the cop is being a jerk, but i dont see it happening for the mere sake that there are soo many people with them on now adays.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
mysteryman said:
There is a chance, but ive had mine for three years, no problems, all my friends have them and i dont know of any problems with the police, surprisingly knowing our luck with them. But if you think of it almost half the mods for cars are show and off road use only, like neons, strobes, and other accesories such as those. If you have get pulled over its because the cop is being a jerk, but i dont see it happening for the mere sake that there are soo many people with them on now adays.
Yeah, thats very true. I see those neon blue winshiled wiper thingys, and cops drive by, and don't pull them over. Good call Mysteryman. :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have bright blue neons in my stock fogs, and my whole inside glows blue with neons, im more worried about getting stopped for those then i am for my covers. Tho ill be honest my mother gives me a hard time about driving with the covers on at night go figure, only cuz she knows they are against the law. she doesnt know about the other things being illegal.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I have GTS covers on my ar as well, and I leave them on at night.
My stock fogs do enough work, basically on their own, to give enough visibility. But as soon as it starts storming outside, they come off :).

BTW - Every once in a while I forget I have them on and flip on the brights (which turns off the fogs), and... BLINDNESS! :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts