DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a message a few months ago about this, but I wanted to try again. Has anyone installed a headlight flasher (wig-wag) on their Intrepid? Sound-Off Inc. is making a plug in flasher for the police package ones, and it is compatible with the civilian model, but the line "To be used in negative ground vehicles that ONLY activate two bulbs in high beam operation." in the instructions has me wondering if the ONLY TWO BULBS means 2 highbeams, or 2 bulbs total. The way the unit is wired, the only power that runs through the unit is for the highbeams. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Your refering to strobe lights lights the problem?? If you have a second gen. there's two bulbs there is also others out there that are totally separate that you drill a new hole for...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
All headlight flashers just use the high beams. Which on the 2nd gens are seperate. On first gens you'll need a universal flasher.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Police Intrepid headlight flasher

The 2004 Police Intrepid I had, had the soundoff plug in headlight flasher. It plugs directly into the factory wiring harness under the dash and flash's the highbeams only. It then allows for normal operation when not in use. The trick is keeping the origional loop plug peice which is removed when u install plug in flasher. Otherwise the highbeams won't work when u remove the headlight flasher plug from the harness. Dodge does not sell the part & soundoff won't make you one either. I was issued a police charger now & kept the Intrepid flasher, but I could'nt find anyone to make me up a loop plug for the Intrepid. So save the peice if u buy the plug in version. They sell a non police version, but that requires cutting and still only flashes the high beams.:bigok:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts