DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the headlight housing the same for all 1st gen Concordes? Will a '93 headlight housing fit on a '96?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Might want to check with www.car-part.com for interchange. Enter your current vehicle year/model and see what the interchange is.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I believe size and mounting never changed in gen one but after the first few years the optics in the lenses were changed to try and improve light pattern. This was also done on the “cloud cars” because the headlights were so small, actual road lighting was not great and the lens improvements were made to at least help a bit. I remember upgrading my ‘93 Vision Tsi to ‘97 headlight housings to get this small improvement. Hope this info helps!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Here's a pair of OEM headlights for $149+shipping on Eghey! Not sure if you need both or just one side?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Also is it the headlight itself that needs to be replaced or the fragile mounts?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a pair of Phillips X-tremeVision bulbs to replace my older dimmer, but stills working bulbs. I forgot that my driver's side headlight had been cracked and broken years ago at it's mounting spots. At the time, I repaired it with epoxy putty and zip ties. I had bought both sides new back in 2007 for like $50 a piece.

Seems like the pre-1996 headlights can be had for a decent price, but the 1996-7 headlights are much more rare and cost a lot more. It will probably be more economical to work with what I have.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what the headlight looked when I removed it. It's beyond hope. I think that many years ago, a shop that had done repair work broke it. I ordered a new one from eBay for $91.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The T-15 screw that goes through the middle of the bracket and into the top of the headlight is missing. I'd like to put a replacement screw in place. I looked in the parts catalogue, but I don't see it pictured. It may be a long shot, does anyone know what size screw it is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts