DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 95-97 headlight lenses much of any improvement on the gosh-awful '93-'94 headlights? I'm thinking of replacing the lenses if it's any improvement at all. I've tried brighter bulbs and auxiliary lighting...and I still dread driving on a dark road!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just bought my 94 trep, and my lights were
awful. the lenses had turned very hazy.
i used some fine cut rubbing compound on
the lenses and cut most of the haze.
then i found some acrylic polish my wife has for her tanning bed and used it. i dare say i have doublr the light output.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I had a 95 Intrepid before I bought my 2000 one, and the headlights were just fine. I never had any oxidation on them or anything. When I decided to get better illumination a bit by aiming them up a little, people started thinking I had my brights on when I didn't, so I'd call the headlights in the 95-97 Intrepids MUCH better.

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
Originally posted by 00ChryslerIntrepid:
I had a 95 Intrepid before I bought my 2000 one, and the headlights were just fine. I never had any oxidation on them or anything. When I decided to get better illumination a bit by aiming them up a little, people started thinking I had my brights on when I didn't, so I'd call the headlights in the 95-97 Intrepids MUCH better.

i have a 95.. and my headlights are all fogged over.. i was thinkin of soakin em in that CLR bathroom stuff..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I'm not sure how much it'd help you guys, but a friend of mine told me that if you take a high beam bulb (9005 i think) and grind or break out the small plastic peg that is between the 2 metal prongs it will fit in the spot for your lowbeams w/ no problem.

~JGarrett98

·
Registered
7 Posts
what i used to polish the headlights was rubbimg compound that is used to take fine scratches out of paint on the car. i was suprised, but it worked good. then i polished it with acrylic polish.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own a 95 ES and a BMW 520. BMW has the same problem but worse. I was reading in bimmer magazine and came across something they said works for them. According to them 3M Plastic Polish-39010 and 3M Plastic Cleaner-39017 bring them back as good as new. I havent tried it myself (no need to yet) but figured it may help someone else. :) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand the headlight problem--I could hardly see at night with my '94. However, this is a design problem with most Chrysler products. (Try driving a mid-90s Caravan, etc. at night.) Anyway, for a inexpensive improvement, I bought two Xenon bright white headlight bulbs for about $7 each, and with them installed, I adjusted the headlight units at night on flat ground until they looked right. Note that with my headlights adjusted for the best performance, the bubble in the leveling guage on the headlight unit is not even near center; rather they are pointed higher than they should be, but I can see pretty good now...

·
Registered
299 Posts
i just re-aimed mine in my 93, huge improvement...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts