DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on a brighter note (pun intended), Myself and a friend put a 3M headlight restoration kit I got when I bought my brakes to work today. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Short of buying a brand new headlight these things are as could as you could possibly hope for. The 3M works amazingly. I went a step further and put 3M ScotchGuard on the lens. This will protect it keep it from yellowing again. The driver's side already had it applied a couple years ago and still looks new.

3M rocks!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Is that film available retail? Or did you order from somewhere online? I've been contemplating the LaminX product myself...

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Is that film available retail? Or did you order from somewhere online? I've been contemplating the LaminX product myself...
Likewise. I have a perfect OEM set that I have with LaminX on it. Been wondering about the scotch guard method.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No heat gun, just water and a plastic squeegee. Make sure the surface is clean. Cut the Scotchguard to shape. Spray the adhering side and the surface with water. Position it in desired location, then squeegee the water out, which will adhere it to the surface. Make sure no air bubble get trapped and that the edges adhere. Its a little tricky due to the curvature of the headlights, but it only took us about 15 minutes total.

Of course, it may take you or eye a bit longer, he's a bit of a pro at this point, having taped 90% of his new Camaro. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts