DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am on the PIAA website. I'm trying to find the serial numbers for some new headlights: regular, brights, and fogs. My problem is that first gen. Intrepids aren't listed in their application guide. Anybody know what the serial numbers are for the bulbs I want? Should I even be buying PIAAs, or is there a better brand to go with?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Someone said they used to now the P/N but they lost it. I would try contacting PIAA directly for an application. There are a lot of guys here that want the super white bulbs.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The PIAAs are great bulbs, but very expensive. But you do get what you pay for. I have eaglite xenons which cost me 40 bucks Canadian. They are pretty good, but I think the PIAA's add more light output. The 1st gen headlights use the 9007 bulbs, and the fog lights use the H3 bulbs.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think that's all I needed to know as far as the regular headlights, but there seem to be many kinds of H3s. Are our foglights 55 watts or 85 watts, or neither? I would guess they're 55 watts, but I really don't know for sure. Once I know this I think I am good to go.

On another note, do you guys think I should replace the headlight housing too? It seems that may also be a source of my night-driving blindness. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
When I first gladly picked up my Intrepid up just over a month ago, well having the equivelant of two flashlights for headlights didn't impress me much (stock bulbs) (or $5.95 replacements..)
So, I did some looking around, and yes Piaa does have selector for our cars, if your Canadian just look under Dodge intrepid, that includes every other site from the United States, and it'll fit out Chrysler Intrepids just fine. I have two Piaa Platinum series p007 bulbs in my headlights, and holy ****, at $120 I thought they better be f'n worth it. So I gave it a try, since the power requirements were no more than stock requirements.

I installed them after doing some reasearch with my headlight removal problems, stripped bolts etc during the daylight.
I compared them to my stock bulbs, and was not impressed at the comparison while looking into a stock bulb and the Piaa bulb against a surface, and looking straight in during yes, daylight.
So I popped the other one in for good measure and figured, I should judge theese bulbs at light, you never know, it could be far different.

let me tell you one thing, that yellow glow during the daylight that was no different from stock? (yes with headlights turned on, not just daytime) FORGET ABOUT THAT!

Theese bulbs are 2-3x more powerful, that is a whole new world of brightness, as powerful or more powerful than cars made this year with extra bright headlights. Mind you, they are not as BLUE as true xenon, because mine are pure white, but you get the powerful viewing range that you need to see well.

The only thing I had to do after that was slightly adjust my headlights, which takes nothing more than a dark flat spot of road, a torx rench, and just playing with the screws, I just moved them up quite a bit, and slightly out which looks awesome, and still comes nowhere near blinding oncoming vehicles.

I highly recommend those bulbs, or the newer? Extreme white piaa bulbs! With a 1 year warranty you can't go wrong :)

P.s., I never touched my bulbs, and from what I hear, don't go touching them either :):devil: :crazy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts