DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have there interior lense of their headlights getting slightly dirty? If so do the assemblys open up to allow for cleaning them. Or do you have to pull the assembly out of the car and then put rubbing alcohol in it and swish it around?

·
Registered
973 Posts
My 2001 R/T has a slightly "foggy" film on the inside. Looks almost like they are too well sealed and the hot humid air condenses on the inside of them.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have never had this problem, the only problem I have with my headlights is that I want to open them up to get rid of the orange piece in there, I want it to be clear.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thank you very much, I will take a look at that today. I want to do this because I have changed my amber bulbs to blue ones. it still works real nice, but all clear would be best.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I believe there shouldn't be any condensation or any dirt on the inside at all. Headlights should be completely sealed because the halogens are sensitive to the elements, especially any oil based residue (like road grime). I would check the seals on the actual bulb sockets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts