DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a computer related problem, so I installed a used one, the headlights started flashing for about 5 minutes when I open, shut the doors or when I start the car, also the guage light don't always come on. The computer blew shortly after and I installed another which works fine but the headlights still flash. When they are flashing the relay in the interior fuse panel is clicking, does this sound like what it is? I assume it just pops out like a fuse.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Your new body computer has the security alarm enabled, that is why the lights flash. Your car should stall out when this happens, if you try to start it.

Did you get the wire harness for the new computer? If so you need to ground pin 3 of the black harness to a good body ground to bypass the alarm.

Color of the wire on that harness is light green/ orange. this is the disarm sense.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So the computer that started this mess has been thrown out because the car wouldn't start (now I know why) and the old one was put back in but the old one does not have an alarm and the lights won't stop flashing, is there any way to stop this? I have tried unplugging the power and no change. Also the relay did not help. I guess I should pick my computers better.

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
once an alarm enabled BCM is installed in the car, all the other computers become alarm enabled.. so even if you reinstall the old BCM, the car still has the alarm..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should watch what I put in this car, I talked to Chrysler this afternoon and they said they can reprogram it, so far that looks like what I will have to do :( I did not change the BCM but I did change the PCM and by the looks of it that must have told the BCM that I have an alarm.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I talked to a couple of Chrysler dealerships, some say that I will have to replace the BCM and outhers say I can reprogram it, no one seems to be sure, anyone know if reprogramming will actually work?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that didn't go over so well, I assume I got it wrong. When I grounded the wire the fans on my climate control ran at full power, or faster, they started making a strange noise and would not stop no matter what. I grounded the wire that was on the black connector (there were 3, white, gray, and black) which was light green and orange.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Well, if you got the RKE in the car, you could just hit the unlock button on the remote to disable it everytime before you start your car. It would be a free alarm system, nobody could start you car.

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
it sounds like you grabbed the wrong wire.. it should be a orange wire with a light green stripe *i believe*

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried the RKE and it worked as a temp fix, I think I used the orange with a light gree stripe but I would have to take a look again, it was raining and dark last night when I did it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
After using the RKE for the day I noticed that something new happened, now the PCM has the ability to turn off the car, which it never had before today. I think by using the RKE the PCM enabled the alarm. I may just leave it, now I have 2 alarms, the car was stolen before, this would even be more secure, you need to use 2 remotes to disable it. Do you think it will be ok to keep it enabled? So far I don't see any problems at all, with the RKE it is working great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts