DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put silverstars in and I can see really well but the high beams kinda suck... SO I was driving down the lonely road with the highs, lows, and fogs all on. (all you have to do is hold the switch in the right spot). Well, after I did that a couple times, my lights would jsut completely shut off, freaked the crap out of me. They would come back on when I flicked the light switch, but it would do that whenever I put on all the lights. Whats going on?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
you probably burned out the turn signal stalk, too much current for the circuit

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The system was designed to not allow high beams and fog lights to be on at the same time. What the hell did you think would happen? Just keep doing that and then wonder why your light switch and possible BCM got destroyed.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
you probably already have created a problem, you probably have already burned out the stalk, go to AZ and buy yourself a new one

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
jedgxe said:
The system was designed to not allow high beams and fog lights to be on at the same time. What the hell did you think would happen? Just keep doing that and then wonder why your light switch and possible BCM got destroyed.

the bcm is probably fine as it doesnt control the lights directly

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I do that all the time to blind people with their brights on, never messed anything up for me.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
just a thought...are you sure it actually burned anything, or just tripped the circuit interrupter? sounds to me like it just tripped it, it shut the circuit off for a second and it came back after it cooled down; in which case no harm done right? ( i dont know how the electrical stuff works exactly in these cars but all my old ones had circuit interrupters for the headlights and all the vitals) i very well could be wrong tho

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
not this one (as i recall), there are fuses, but not circuit breakers and that is the problem that all of us have with the lgihting systems on these cars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts