DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure there have been many threads about our headlights and how the suck so much, but what are the best bulbs you can buy???

Thanks,

-Jake-

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I think the consensus is that PIAA are better, but they cost quite a bit more.

·
Banned
72 Posts
...... yeah, but I think they give you an extra 7HP!!!! ;)

Reactions: 95Intrepisize

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
...... yeah, but I think they give you an extra 7HP!!!! ;)
Depends on how many you're running........7HP each x 6 bulbs = 42HP extra :)

......seriously though, why do you feel that you've gotta rag on this guy?

·
Banned
72 Posts
Avenger said:
Depends on how many you're running........7HP each x 6 bulbs = 42HP extra :)

......seriously though, why do you feel that you've gotta rag on this guy?
LOL- that's why ricers always have so many lights!!
I'm not raggin on him- but I mean come on, "performance" mods on an INTREPID??????? Trying to get that thing in the 15's are ya??? ROTFLMAO!!!
But hey, it's his money.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
First off......headlights are NOT performance parts. They help you see at night.......I guess you don't like to see at night?

Secondly on your 15 second comment.......

I'm in the 15's with pretty much no performance parts idiot, check the sig. If I wanted to be in the 13's it wouldn't be that hard......it'd just take $5k or a bottle.

.......and most Intrepids here have 6 headlight bulbs stock.

People here for the most part aren't interested in 'performance parts' because they're nearly non-existant.......just looks/handling upgrades.

......someone ban this guy already.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Hmmmm...my R/T was in the 15's new off the show room floor.

As for the bulbs, you are right, there have been many threads about how the 1G headlights suck. But there have also been many threads on which bulb is the "best".

Basically, if you don't want to retro in a HID setup, than you will want HIR bulbs.

·
Banned
72 Posts
One of the first things you learn if you have a performance car and take it to the track is that 14's are S-L-O-W.

15's? No need to comment further. Except for the typical riceboy statement made above: "If I wanted to get my car in the thirteens all I'd have to do is XYZ..."

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
One of the first things you learn if you have a performance car and take it to the track is that 14's are S-L-O-W.

15's? No need to comment further. Except for the typical riceboy statement made above: "If I wanted to get my car in the thirteens all I'd have to do is XYZ..."
Seriously WTF??? I can't believe this whiny little prepubescent is still responding to posts. Give mommy her computer back now, theres a dragonball z marathon on.

·
Banned
72 Posts
R/T I think you need the reality check, not me- you have a slow car just like all of us here and yet you not only THINK it's fast, but your sig even blasts riceboys which of course are people who think they have fast cars but don't.

I dunno know...... I'm trying to figure out which of those excuses on that excuse meter you use most often. Oh wait, it's not their. Your excuse was "If I wanted my car to be fast all I'd have to do is drop $5K for nitrous..."

Reactions: berggyb

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Masked Marauder said:

First, I'm not pretending my car is fast my any means, but there is more to performance than just how well you do in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I don't "think" my car is fast. Fast is subjective. Is it faster than a mustang or a camaro? No. But I enjoy having a dependable daily driver that is comfortable, can carry 4 of my friends easily, and can blow the doors off of unsuspecting ricers daily(our definitions are a little different), all while averaging 22MPG. If I wanted a camaro I would have bought one. My car gives me everything I want and if I can make improvements to it that make me enjoy it more, then you bet your ass I'm gonna do them. If you have a problem with this then I'm sorry and I think you have some serious anger management problems to deal with. This is the last I'm going to say on this and the fact that I have 120k positive rep and have yet to receive one negative rep after over a year and 400+ posts here can tell you how many members here respect me and value my opinion. If you can't do the same, then I kindly ask you to find another forum to visit because people like you do nothing but take away from the friendly and helpful environment that is di.net. Take Care - I'll pray for you.

·
Banned
72 Posts
<<<but there is more to performance than just how well you do in the 1/4 mile.>>>

Such as.... volume of your stereo? Color of your headlights? Height of your suspension?

So a car with only a 15 second 1/4 mile can still be performance car because of other factors.... explain....

·
Banned
72 Posts
R/T so your definition of a ricer is someone slower than you that thinks they have a fast car, I take it, since you "blow the doors off ricers".

If you blow the doors off ricers with your slow car, then what you are saying is you are blowing the doors off really slow cars with your slow car.

You, uh, might want to rethink your definition of ricer then- it's actually making things worse for you.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
<<<but there is more to performance than just how well you do in the 1/4 mile.>>>

Such as.... volume of your stereo? Color of your headlights? Height of your suspension?

So a car with only a 15 second 1/4 mile can still be performance car because of other factors.... explain....

There are these race tracks that actually have multiple turns in many different directions and of different turn radii. Factors such as suspension, braking, tires, and driver skill come into play here.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Personally I'm a silverstar fan, never had any issues and they give a nice pure white light BUT that's just my opinion. Also I have noticed that sivlerstars seem not to be as good when in a dual filiment bulb (like the 9007's) so it's hit or miss.

Another option would be to try over watted bulbs (80watt/100watt) 9007's Like These. While the cast wouldn't be better than normal bulbs they'd be brighter and would light the road up better....... If you choose this route I'd say stick with lower K numbered bulbs (4500k-5000k), these would be less likely to be ricer blue but more white.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Sport/SoundEdition said:
Personally I'm a silverstar fan, never had any issues and they give a nice pure white light BUT that's just my opinion.
Our little flame war made me forget that there was actually someone with a legitimate question. I totally agree with sport/sound. I had really blue bulbs in my cavalier, and they looked great but the visibility was terrible. When I bought the trep I got a set of lighter blue bulbs, a cheap brand again, and the visibility was better, but still no better than stock. They only lasted about a year and I just replaced them with silverstars. Cosmetically, the bluer bulbs looked much cooler, but the silverstars offer great visibility. I would say they're a happy medium of looks and performance. I'm looking to upgrade my fogs now and I think I'm going to go with something yellow for better visibility in fog, but I'm still considering getting another set of silverstars becasue I was so happy with their performance as lows.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Warlord187 said:
There are these race tracks that actually have multiple turns in many different directions and of different turn radii. Factors such as suspension, braking, tires, and driver skill come into play here.
Nice, you may have something there but you would still have to laugh your ass off at seeing an intrepid, grand am, or accord on a twisty track just as much as seeing them on the 1/4 mile track. Intrepids just weren't made for either.

Your main logic fault is that driver skill does not equal performance of the car in any way. These twisty tracks are far more a test for the driver than for the car's performance. IN FACT, I would argue that doing that course in an intrepid would be MORE a test of the driver's skill because of lack of performance of the car.
In other words, a great driver in a non performance car such as Intrepid can still do really well on a twisty course even with flat tires, but he'll still suck ass in the 1/4 mile because the car simply can't perform.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts