DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of getting it done. Called couple of places here in MD and the average price I got was:
$120 / headrest. Thats $480 / 4 headrest
This only includes letters like "Chrysler" or "Kumar"

If they have to do the 300M Logo, then there is additional charge of $100 or so.

I know several people have got this done, how much did you pay. $500 to $600 seems a lot.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I think your best bet is to get iron on embroidery......I thought of this too.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I can't see it costing that much for simple embroidery. It sounds more like they are talking about making a new cover.
I get hats and such embroidered with lettering and pictures of our aircraft for 30 bucks a hat. Name tags with the aircraft picture for 5 bucks. We order 25 -30 hats at a time so a discount is given but I can't see it being the difference between 30 and 120 bucks, and my stuff is very intricate too.
Maybe offer to remove the headrest cover yourself so all they have to do is put it on the machine.
Shop around, I think they're trying to make a pigeon out of you.

I wouldn't go with an iron on, I think it would look pretty crappy. Just my .02

Good luck

BJ.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Thats insane... A local shop offered me $35/ headrest for "GAZE" and I thought that was a little expensive.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm iinterested to see what you figure out. I've been seriously considering buying 300m leather seats, but I can't bear to lose my R/T headrests.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I got a e-mail from headrestembroidery.com and he said he will do it for $35 each.Anyone else interested in getting the SRT6 Logo??

Hi Kumar,

The price for the logo on the order form is $33/ea piece + sh.

To start a new design, the setup fee is $70. After the setup fee, embroider is $35/ea piece. I don't charge return shipping on new designs.

I can do the logo you showed me. All I need is the $70 setup fee paid in advance. And that fee is refundable - if anyone else orders the same design within a month.

Thanks,
giulio
http://www.headrestembroidery.com
The logo he is talking about is

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hell, I went to wal-mart and bought the t-shirt transfer paper, put the dodge ram head logo on it and ironed it on both my headrests. Holding up pretty well I might add. Never thought about an iron on patch tho'

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
kumiyer said:
I got a e-mail from headrestembroidery.com and he said he will do it for $35 each.Anyone else interested in getting the SRT6 Logo??

The logo he is talking about is
You realize that I made that in Photoshop from a SRT8 logo, the Crossfire SRT6 logo is not as nice

Charles

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yes, and I love it. Actually I have an assignment ready for you under the imaging section. LOL

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went to a local mom and pop shop where I live. I had the R/T logo stitched in the front head rests. I think it was like 20 or 25 dollars. I had silver letters with red slash between them. The place that did them does alot of like sweatshirt and hat embrodiering. Something you might think about. I would go to the smaller towns and stay away from bigger city stuff. Us small town simple folks tend to be a little more reasonable about things.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I once was talking to someone about doing this for them. When I was in Minnesota, I had access to a 1 head embroidery machine. My only concern was what the headrest was actually made of and I think someone said that theirs was just vinyl, not leather, which would have been a ***** to embroider cause it would have just simply perforated the leather.

This is a pic of my very first attempt to digitize a pic and then embroider it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sent my headrest covers for embroidary.

Dont forget to get your headrest embroided with SRT 6 logo. If you do so - within a month, I will get the $70 setup fee refunded. :)

Here's the website - http://www.headrestembroidery.com

He charges $35 per headrest. cheap.

This is the logo he will be using.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Shamrock said:
I went to a local mom and pop shop where I live. I had the R/T logo stitched in the front head rests. I think it was like 20 or 25 dollars. I had silver letters with red slash between them. The place that did them does alot of like sweatshirt and hat embrodiering. Something you might think about. I would go to the smaller towns and stay away from bigger city stuff. Us small town simple folks tend to be a little more reasonable about things.
Your R/T didn't come with embroidered headrests?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I switched to 300M leather interior, and it didn't have the R/T logo. So I got it put on the leather. I went to a car show a couple weekends ago and had some slip over headrest covers embroidered and it only cost me 20 bucks. I had the R/T logo in 2 different colors and the letter are about 2.5 inches tall. Looks really good. I will have to get a picture done of them. And the lady that did them gave me her card and I will put the info out there and she said she does alot of mail in and back for people. She is located around the st louis area. I will get the stuff and get it posted here when I get a free minute.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Shamrock said:
I switched to 300M leather interior, and it didn't have the R/T logo. So I got it put on the leather. I went to a car show a couple weekends ago and had some slip over headrest covers embroidered and it only cost me 20 bucks. I had the R/T logo in 2 different colors and the letter are about 2.5 inches tall. Looks really good. I will have to get a picture done of them. And the lady that did them gave me her card and I will put the info out there and she said she does alot of mail in and back for people. She is located around the st louis area. I will get the stuff and get it posted here when I get a free minute.
Yeah, that'd be cool if you posted the pics. I'm working on a set of m leather myself and would hate to lose the r/t embroidery.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
kumiyer said:
Sent my headrest covers for embroidary.
This is the logo he will be using.
Lol, why don't you get " 9" cock" embroidered underneath... just to complete the illusion ?

Sorry dude, that was just way too easy.

That's YOUR "M" ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts