DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys i have a single din flip out installed into my car i would like to rework it to be where the ac unti controls are and put the ac controls where the stereo would be, is there an easy way to do it.. i dont need to have that peice back in if its not needed, if i get it to work without the peice ill make a custom piece after the swao is completed. also if any tips for a double din headunit as well would be much appreciated plz let me know if i am confusing you guys thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well not concerned about that at the moment i just need the radio to fit into the upper part but it is being blocked from going all the way in if some1 could link me and or show me a pciture of a setup would be nice

·
Woober Goobers!
49,557 Posts
Yep....most likely some of the plastic for the dash and more.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,557 Posts
well not concerned about that at the moment i just need the radio to fit into the upper part but it is being blocked from going all the way in if some1 could link me and or show me a pciture of a setup would be nice
Shouldn't be that difficult to discover what's preventing the radio from fitting. Take a look at the opening and the "rails" behind it and see what the obstruction is.

The stock radios are a single DIN unit so if your aftermarket adhere's to the Single DIN Standard there shouldn't be an issue.

Have you tried sliding it in without any wiring connected?

Maybe you have a huge wiring bundle with wiring adapters that's behind the radio keeping it from sliding in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts