DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has an '01 Oldsmobile Aurora with heated front seats (Yes, I know this is an Intrepid website, but I'm desperate). The switches for the heated seats are back-lit, and unfortunately, the lights have went out in both. Now, both of the seats have their own button AND a seperate indicator light that says HI and LO. (If it helps, it's the EXACT same design as the Oldsmobile Intrigue). Actually, what went out on the driver's side is the HI and LO indicator light (the button is still lit), and on the passenger side it's the Heated Seat button that went out (the indicator of HI and LO still works). Does anyone know how I remove the button/indicators to replace the bulbs? Also, where do I get the bulbs at? Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my 02 Grand Cherokee, the heated seat switches are located on the lower part of the dash. They are back lit with two indicator lights on each (Hi, Low). The low went out on the driver's side (also the seat stopped heating on low).

To remove the switch I had to take off a "bezel plate that kinda surrounded the middle dash area. I could then get to screws that hold the switch in. Once I took the screws out, I had to unplug the electrical connector in back of the switch. yours might be similar.

·
Registered
931 Posts
depends on how they light the switch, could be an led which means you need a new switch (or you can solder one on) or it could be a very small bulb (i forgot the name of it) either way you probably need to remove the switch to see what you got

1 - 3 of 3 Posts