DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mentioned a few qeeks ago that my heater wasn't working to well.
well it has been working decent lately but tonight i was out driving it was working good then all of a sudden it was freezing cold air coming out of it for a few minutes then it went warm again and my temp gauge was normal
so would this most likely be air in the heater core or could it be something else?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I don't know how cold the air would get and how fast it would get cold with air in the system but you could try bleeding the system. It could also be a problem with the hot/cold blend door. I didn't read your previous post a few weeks ago. Did you do the diagnostic test for codes?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are no codes coming up and it's a 93 with a 3.3
the thermostat is less than a year old

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
There's a block!!! I had the same thing once and a while it would be cold and the next minute warm!!!!Time for a new heater core my friend!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
kyle712 said:
there are no codes coming up and it's a 93 with a 3.3
the thermostat is less than a year old
No codes as in check engine light or the self diagnostic test of the heater controls?

It is possible like Jus' Trepping said, that you have a heater core block. Definetly something to check for.

The blend doors are moved by electric motors. If it was the motor itself it would more than likely stay at one end or the other so the head itself controls which way the door is to move.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YB Normyl said:
No codes as in check engine light or the self diagnostic test of the heater controls?

ther are no codes from the check engine light
all the heater controls work
what do you mean by the self diagnostic test of the heater controls

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Check and see if the heater hose going into the heater core(thru the firewall) is warm if it is check and see if the return hose is warm.. tis should help determine if it's a blocked heater core

1 - 10 of 10 Posts