DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... i just called Autozone and the guy made me feel like an idiot. I hate that...

What exactly am I supposed to ask for when I ask about the heater resistor part? What is it actually called?

thanks for putting up with me! lol

Beth

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
elizabethg1 said:
So... i just called Autozone and the guy made me feel like an idiot. I hate that...

What exactly am I supposed to ask for when I ask about the heater resistor part? What is it actually called?

thanks for putting up with me! lol

Beth
Hey Beth: Autozone sucks at customer service! Period.
Anyways getting back to the purpose of this thread:

Most vehicles have what is known as a BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR MODULE of which controlls the various speed controls per your specific setting on the A/C-Heater control panel.

Anyway just ask any auto parts store for it and they will give you the correct part .

Once you buy it, You will know what your looking for in order to find it on your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to put one in my wife's 02 Stratus a month or so ago. Screw Autozone, I bought it from the dealer for about $5. It wasn't that expensive and really easy to replace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 99 Intrepid I've had to replace the resistor 5 times.
No joke. It's a problem my buddy that works at Dodge says there's a upgrade available but you have to ask for it. There putting them in the Jeeps now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts