DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, my blower is stuck on maximum...I can turn the heat or ac up and down to adjust temperature, but I have only one blower speed. And I can't even turn it off.

This is on a 97 Intrepid ES with automatic climate control.

Does anyone know an easy fix for this? My local mechanic says he usually has to replace the entire until with a junkyard unit that runs $80 (which is more than the whole car is worth about now)

I wonder if there is a quick or temperary fix for the switch...or even a way of simply wiring in an On/Off two position switch for the circuit.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Thats a bit high. here in ny there $20 at the yard. take yours apart and clean the contacts with alcohol and q-tips. Clean the circuit board good. on the rotary manual one u might have to bend the arms inside to let it make contact with the board. Use a pencil eraser on the board to get the contacts surface back to life. Check for bad soldering connections. If the connections have a dull look redo the soldering. If they have a shiny look look closely and make sure there arent any cold solder joints.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sounds likes the blower motor resistor is shot. That would be the first thing you want to check, and a lot cheaper to replace with a new part than the whole switch. Rarely does the switch go bad. If the fan motor only blows on high that's most likely your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts