DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed what I thought was a bad smell of oil or gas, but I have no leaks or anything. I checked under the gas tank and all looks good. I am 99% sure its a very heavy exhaust smell. Why would I be smelling the exhaust a lot more lately? I also noticed the other day when there was a lot of rain, a lot of steam was coming out of the left rear wheel well where the exaust is located. Any ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It would have to be down from the Oxygen sensors though, wouldn't it? If it were near any of them, the sensor would trip, and there would be both a definate loss of power and a trouble code, or is there enough back pressure in the exhaust system that a leak around the manifolds wouldn't suck in any outside air?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
well i know that if the exhaust is leaking right where i think it is. he will get bad exhaust smell....
why i know this..
well i toook my rear resinator off and didnt add a tailpipe to go to the rear of the car from just behind the left tire...
and on the road i was getting major exhauts smell.untill i added a tail pipe to go to the bumper.. so get that leak fixed... if the first gen exhaust setup just like the 2nd then it would be the pipe between the out put muffer and the input of the last resinator....
this is why you see smoke. due to the leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts