1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I stole this thread from here

( I wonder if I did that right )

Can anyone PUHLEASE HELP!

Its about DRLs and fog lights on second gen treps. I'm posting this here cuz I can. Well that and the fact that no one is helping over there, or maybe just cuz I wanna.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
from what I understand, to get the foglights to work as DRL's u need to get a kit from yer local autoparts store. Randy said they are about 15 bucks. I am going to look into this myself.

ok, I just called 3 places, they don't carry em.

I did call the dealer, they said they can do it, it requires a relay a computer program and something else....BUT it's not gonna be on the foglights.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I used to see a guy running around in a candy apple red first generation 'Trep with his fog lights as DRL's, so it can be done. It may require a lot more research than you are willing to do (not like simply buying a kit).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Let ask a dumb question? Way would you want daytime running lights? I just hate it because its a forced option on GM products.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
safety, cheaper insurance rates. if it saves someone from hitting you it's worth the $15 kit.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I'm full of dumb questions

Actually I was trying to find out if there is an easy way of adding DRLs, for insurance reasons. cheaper insurance that is.

On the fog lights someone was asking about rear fog lights, I think that did get answered.

Now as for adding fog lights, do any of you know if the wiring for such would be in place on a base model '00 trep? I wanna add some, just not in the factory locations. I would like to use the factory swithing for them however.

Thanks for the help guys and gals

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Here's the reasons I added DRL's to my fog lights.

1. Looks cool ;)
2. Can have my fog lights on with no other lights (parking lights can be off)
3. Fog lights will stay on even when I turn on my brights (might be a nice option if you have headlight covers, or just want it bright as hell in the middle of nowhere)

...and this one I found out later

4. When I remote starts my car, the fog lights turn on as well as the parking lights, so it's easy to see from a distance if it started :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts