DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've lost all my keys to my 2000 Intrepid ES anyone know and easy are cheap way to fix my problem because I have a transponder chip in it? what would be cheapest way with out having a key to make a replacement and go through dealer and order a transponder Bypass or what?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,209 Posts
Buy some blank keys on Ebay and have a local locksmith cut them and program them. I just did that for a pair of key fobs for my 2008 Durango. Same type of SKIS/Sentry. Key fobs from Amazon for $25 and the local locksmith cut and programmed both for $45. So total $70.

If you lost the fobs also those will have to be purchased and programmed along with the new cut Sentry keys. Check with you you local locksmiths to see if they can do it and their pricing.

Reactions: chickenstrips

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buy some blank keys on Ebay and have a local locksmith cut them and program them. I just did that for a pair of key fobs for my 2008 Durango. Same type of SKIS/Sentry. Key fobs from Amazon for $25 and the local locksmith cut and programmed both for $45. So total $70.

If you lost the fobs also those will have to be purchased and programmed along with the new cut Sentry keys. Check with you you local locksmiths to see if they can do it and their pricing.
Ahh that's sweet. I got an intrepid as a gift last year and it only has 1 key. I've been wondering how I would get a spare key. Always a good idea to have an extra lying around. Imma look into this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts