DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm from Nebraska. I've got a black '97 Intrepid ES with 255k on it. I like the car. I got it from my brother who bought it new. The only collision the car has ever been in was with a deer. We have replaced a lot of stuff in 255,000 miles (transmission, struts, heater core both front half shafts, ball joints, timing belt & water pump (twice)). Then I lose my keys. I lost the key fob with the keys. So I made a duplicate key from the valet key. I'm pleased that it works everything (including the trunk). I also purchased two used Correct factory Dodge key fobs on eBay. They are the right ones - I just need to get them programmed. My problem is: I can't turn off the factory security system. When I unlock the door with my new key, the alarm goes off when the door is opened (honking and flashing lights). After about four seconds, the honking stops but the security system stays on. I can start the car but it dies in 3 seconds, over and over, alarm honking or not, door open or closed. Someone told me toggling the door locks with the key 2 or 3 times will turn off the alarm. They were wrong. Doing it 10 times did not turn off the alarm. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TURN OFF THE SECURITY SYSTEM (ALARM) IF YOU HAVE LOST THE KEY FOB. Thank you, dVbAthlon

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
Try unlocking the passenger door with the key. All doors closed.

There should be a switch at the back of each door key cylinder. If either door is unlocked with the key it's supposed to disarm the security. It's possible the drivers side key cylinder switch is bad.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts